-
Posts
310 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AlfaTech
-
I know I should be feeling happy today, but unfortunately I feel Good for all you XBox/PS3 owners tho
-
I went into Game yesterday and following this discussion I thought I'd take a look at what's out for the Vita... man I was shocked by the sheer lack of titles for it!!! On the flipside I made a pre-order for a Limited Edition Pokemon Y 3DS XL. Yay! Happy days. Now I've gotta think about selling on my faithful old 3DS or DSi.
-
3DS all the way!!! Goodness knows how many hours of gameplay I've racked up on mine (probably talking 3-4000 hours). There's a huge of variety of games, and no Nintendo is not just for kids. I have friends who I play multiplayer games with online/locally. I would say to get the 3DS XL though, unless you like petite portable gaming (I've been thinking of trading mine in for one but still haven't got around to it). My friends got a Vita and he was bored of it within a short period of time, I played it on occasion and wasn't that impressed, but each to their own. Ninty FTW!!!
-
Yuh, as an old-time Ninty fan I don't really get this one either! I suppose it's a kids (i.e. under 7s) version of the 3DS - so that the 3D effects don't ruin the development of their eyesight - and to mop up that corner of the market?!! I can't see it being a big hit tho, I mean the raw appeal of the DSes was the the flip open/fold away portability. So I wonder how long it'll be until Ninty release the 2DS XL... I think it's high time they innovated some more instead of just reinventing the Nintendo DS/Wii.
-
I'll be out stealing cars and knocking over pedestrians until we see a PeeCee release (I'm guessing in 6-8 month time).
-
Yuh! Tell me 'bout it. I'm still waiting for a PeeCee port of Red Dead Redemption, the only other games I would love to be able to play on the PeeCee are the Forza Motorsports series. I can still see the attraction of the WiiU, I have a couple of Nintendo DSs (DSi + 3DS) which see a lot of use, probably more that my PeeCee at times tbh. Ninty certainly have their fan-base but it's mainly been the 3DS/3DS XL which have propped them up - while the WiiU has been a terrible flop so far with the original Wii still outselling it, expensive games, and a poor lineup of really good titles.
-
Yep I was with you on that one for ages right up until it's release date but since the release of WiiU I have vehemently decided against it (for a number of reasons). TBH I am content to be a PeeCee gamer and won't get any of the 'new' consoles... but, if the push came to shove then I would choose the EggBox One. :-P
-
OK the dawn of the next generation of consoles is nearly upon us, so given the choice and information we have so far what would you choose: Sony Playstation 4 Microsoft XBox One Nintendo WiiU A tricky one that!
-
Oh YES! That wud've been totally awesome, I've played most of the Zelda sagas over the years. This done in the 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' style wud be the best, so much better than the appalling 80's Zelda cartoon we had to endure as kids.
-
Grand Theft Auto ONLINE! Grand Theft Auto Online turns Los Santos into 16-player MMO | News | TechRadar Deep joy! However why is it only limited to 16 players... and more to the point when are we gonna get a PeeCee release?
-
ICT Technicians+ Chippenham, Wiltshire
AlfaTech replied to petethetechie's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Pete, I am quite interested in this as I'm now living in the area (Devizes), my current job appears to be on the line so this might be a prudent move for me. PM sent Are you really? Wow, I've been hoping to get an ICT tech job at Woodroffe School for the past few years (I've just been waiting for the opportunity to arise), so is there going to be a vacancy for an ICT technician there shortly? -
Brilliant, just brilliant. Thanks for that by the way Cheers.
-
If that's Red Dead, then nope - I'm still waiting for it to come out on PeeCee - c'mon Rockstar!!!! (I don't have a PS3/Xbox)
-
I just loved The Lost and Damned episode on GTAIV - there was nothing better than riding around on a chopper listening to "I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride...". I really should replay GTA IV again sometime before GTA V is released for the PeeCee. Such a damn shame that Red Dead Redemption never made it to the PeeCee market.
-
Any idea what grade the salary falls into? It's probably a little bit too far to go for me (living North of Salisbury).
-
I have joined. I am Kitalon
-
ICT Site Leader at Oasis Academy John Williams, Bristol
AlfaTech replied to OCLRecruitment's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Oh this was in Shirehampton, Bristol. I've just moved from there. I definitely would have gone for this if I was still living in the Bristol area. IIRC it's quite a rough school. GL to the lucky candidate. -
Oh wow, I didn't know about this. That's brilliant news! But it's a big shame that Jullian Gollop won't be working on it. Poor chap created the game and then the intellectual rights were taken away from him my Microprose, and now it turns out he didn't even know about this remake at first - Jullian Gollop on XCom. I loved his recent Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the Nintendo 3DS (still currently my most played game).
-
X-Com
-
How do you find out about a follower's (or enemy's) level/carrying weight? I'm loving this game sooo much, best game ever. Fact! So good that I didn't go to bed till 2am last night and now I'm paying for it today
-
And the reason why I never played it. I have played LotRO (for free) and got as far I could before I had to start paying to 'unlock' more content, which is better than monthly subs IMHO. I'd be very surprised if SWTOR doesn't do a free-to-play-up-to-a-certain-level deal, depending upon how successful the take up is I suppose. The only MMO I play is a browser game called Glory-Wars.net but then you can play that for free (not that I'm a skinflint, just that I'm skint and have to work all day).
-
Where's your poll? PvE for me, I much rather prefer playing multi-player games cooperatively rather than blasting/being blasted by everyone in a kind of ground-hog day nightmare.
-
Crikey some people must really not have a life, nor have to work (*wonders how they can afford it*). I loved the KotOR series, I just wish they'd released this as KotOR III rather than being a MMO. From what I played of it last weekend the MMO element was largely irrelevant and unnecessary (well for PvE at least). Bioware are on to a real money spinner here for those willing to pay over £100 a year to play a game. It's crazy! I don't think people appreciate the value of money to waste it on things like this, sorry.
-
I played last weekend's beta. It was OK, I found it a bit boring at times but managed to persist in getting my character up to level 10. Unfortunately for me it just doesn't warrant a monthly cost of £8.99. That's just madness! How can a game be worth that kind of money in the long-run?!! I just can't afford it, nor the massive amount of time you've gotta put in to make it worth-while/value for money, which is a big shame as I've been looking forward to this game for over a year. *sigh*
-
Darkside is sooo dull, drab and moody. Lightside, although a bit sanctimonious, is much better looking and more fun IMHO.
