-
Posts
310 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AlfaTech
-
What?!! Your team must hava serious weakness to grass then.
-
Well just leave a starter in the GTS and ask for a Ditto, in the comments say you want 'Jap/Eur/USA Needed'. You should get one that way.
-
Oops... sorry it's called 'Trevenant' Oorotto was it's Japanese name. At a glance its got a great Attack (110), OK Def (76) and SpD (82) and a lousey speed (56) plus x2 weakness to Fire/Ice/Flying/Ghost/Dark... so not that great, no great moves to write home about, but potential to be quite bulky.
-
Ghost/Grass.. seemed pretty tough, well tougher than the Pumpkin Ghost/Grass 'mon. A lvl 50 one survived a Bug Buzz from my lvl 70 Butterfree, as if that was anything to go on. I'll take a closer look at it later and letcha know.
-
-
Uh huh! OK. On a much less 'technical' note here's a pretty picture: The Legendary Meeting by Dekus on deviantART I have this set as my desktop background. Hehe!
-
That makes sense as 255 isn't a multiple of 4. Actually that would explain something. I was EV training my Gengar and maxed out its Spd and SpA stats but there was enough left over to put some more in EVs into other stats (i.e. more than just 4EVs). I thought that was odd, but now it makes sense.
-
Naa! It doesn't ruin the game, it enhances it and give you an advantage. IVs or Individual Values are hidden values which add between 0 - 31 points to each stat and are unchangeable, however IV's can also be bred on to the next generation. EVs or Effort Values are also hidden values but they are added in-game up to a maximum of 510 total (but only 255 max in any stat), it takes 4 EVs to equal a 1 stat point increase. Every enemy/wild pokemon yields 1, 2 or 3 EVs when defeated and adds to the total amount of EVs accrued by your Pokémon. Super Training is an easy was to increase and max the EVs in any particular stat and thus has made EV training really really easy to do (in fact now its so easy you'd be mad to start using a Pokémon without maxing it stats first, else you will get an unpredictable spread of EVs IMHO). Obviously there is soooo much more to IV/EVs, but in a nutshell that's it!
-
How is that even possible? The only 'mon I have with max IV in all stats are a Mew and Ditto, but they're both hacked
-
Yveltel. Y-vel-tel. Yeah I couldn't remember it at first, until after I got my Limited Edition Yveltel Red 3DS XL. There were speed-boost Blazikens before, but they were only available from a Japanese event through the Dream World. I doubt very much I'll get a Yveltel for one, but it's worth a try, you never know people sometimes do crazy things.
-
Hahaha! Luvit. Nice 1 m8 X-D Thankfully you can filter out all those nonsense trade requests on the new GTS. And also get any 'mon by clicking the 'What Pokémon?' button and typing in it's name. (so long as it not in the 'unobtainables' list - i.e. before the Pokémon Bank comes online on the 27th December).
-
Cloning = naughty. Not sure anyone's found a way to clone in X & Y yet. Although I admit I used to do it (quite easily) in Pokémon Pearl back in the day. I ALWAYS save and soft-reset when I'm catching legendries/event Pokémon . ALWAYS!!! Why waste that one opportunity and end up with something with a pants nature and rubbish IVs? Why do that?!! I can't say I've ever heard of that heirachy X-13, but if you say so. Yes but the one I'm offering doesn't, I'm keeping my Blazikenite. Sorry but it's not for sale - but they're really not that hard to get on the GTS.
-
Well you also can offer BS 'mon for whatever you want too. I'm currently trying to get a Yveltel... but offering a... ah-hem... Torchic (with speed-boost). The other thing to try and keep on trying is the Wonder Trade, you often get starters through that. But yeah I'll getcha ya Bulba 'n Squirt soon, np.
-
Whatcha need this time? I've got a nice half-oz of Squritle and a few grams of Bulbasaur if you need them. I'm beginning to feel like a Pkmn dealer - supply 'n demand! Did you know that you can get whatever you need via the GTS... even if you haven't already got them in your Dex? (Allegedly).
-
Ditto! I might give it a bash this lunch time - Butterfree I chose you to totally pwn yet another gym. I'm beginning to think that my lvl 70 Butterfree can single handedly beat the Elite 4 + Champion, it'll certainly try. Oh and speaking of Dittos, I have a Japanese one now
-
Yep you have a 1/1365 chance of breeding a shiny with a 'mon from a different region. Masuda method. You can still get male Gardevoirs, but if you evolve a male Kirlia holding a Dawn Stone you get Galade! I got it after working like crazy to get it just before X & Y was released, I managed to complete my National Dex just 2 days before.
-
I really think that Delphox ought to have had two forms, a male and a female forme. Like Pyroar. I can't help thinking that 'mon looks a bit effeminate - like it's wearing a dress or something.
-
You're welcome! (+1 rep power? ) I'm not particularly fussed about shinies if truth be told, I'd much rather a statistically superior 'mon with regards to breeding out a gud nature, IVs and move set. However, I do like destroying (inferior) shiny Pokémon in battle tho. Gratz Grey-gear. I just need to think about which is the best nature to soft-reset for for Mega Mewtwo X... definitely one that boosts it's Attack, with the right nature and maximum IVs + EVs it can pack a punch of up to 526!!! Ouch! Although saying that Mega Mewtwo Y is harder with up to 535 Special Attack. So now first I need to think about if I want a Special or Physical Attacker. Hmm, decisions decisions.
-
The loved and loathed website of all things to do with Pokémon competitive battling... Smogon University - Competitive Pokémon Community.
-
Haha! Well they really have shifted the game mechanics in this generation haven't they. It's all good and like you said about competitive battling getting a bit stale with the seeing the same old 'mon again and again, these changes should freshen things up a bit and make it a bit more interesting. Yep I guess it's gonna take Smogon University a long time to rethink things - they've got a lot of work ahead of themselves.
-
Competitive battling is where it's at TBH, the game only just 'begins' after you've completed it (if you get what I mean). It's not necessarily about beating some dude, it's about having a team and developing the skills, breeding/training the 'mon that can pwn every dude - 'To be the very best like no one ever was' I'm not the best in our Pokémon clan, there are two better than me who beat me every time - one of those has a degree in particle physics and an excellent memory (which figures), the other is a girl (damn it) I will beat her one day. At the end of the day it's all good fun and really quite a sociable game as with all competitions it's not just about the winning, its about the taking part. Megas? Yeah I'm certain some will definitely be banned, others not! The whole meta-game is all up in the air right now with the introduction of Megas and Fairy typing, it'll be interesting to see how it will all land. You never know some previously banned 'mon may have their restrictions lifted now. We'll see I guess.
-
Yes definitely a Modest nature Well Gengar now has got access to a Fairy move; Dazzling Gleam, goodbye Dragons. I haven't fully decided on the set there are a couple of different move sets I like to use with Gengar, it's new ability 'Shadow Tag' will make it a living nightmare "help I can't switch out!" Mega Gengar is insanely Fast and has an insanely high Special Attack. Could be a game-breaker (if it don't get banned). Mwuhahaha.
-
Coolio. That ought to do it I will ditch my current team and set about building a proper 'competitive team' once I've completed the game. I probably won't import my competition 'mon from White 1/2 and just start again training them up in X. Although I might breed them in White 1/2 so they level up quicker once imported, maybe. I'm currently training Gengar on the side, now I've bred one with it's best 'nature' for a Mega Gengar special sweeper. Mwuhaha!
-
Tyroque has 3 evolved forms - Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Hitmontop. Pyroar (Fire/Normal) I really like that 'mon but still haven't adopted it into my team. Yeah it looks fairly balanced - just missing a response to Dragon types as far as I can see. But yeah pretty gud!
-
And only another 620 to go... Oh I have found a list of unobtainables in X Y (but I can help you with those after the PokéTransfer tool is released) Yeah, sorry about that - I felt bad. Honest All my 'mon are fully EV trained. TIP: Never let my Butterfree live for long 'cos it will bug you with Sleep Powder every time. If its any consolation my Butterfree swept my m8's team (who is also a veteran Pokémon battler) 2HKOing Mega MewTwo X after a few Quiverdances, OHKOing Blastoise, Umbreon, etc. I felt gud about that tho. Fairy is also weak against Fire too, as in it's not very effective hitting Fire types. One would imagine so, I guess you'll find out when it reaches lvl 32 After a cursory glance at your team it looks a little bit weak against water types, just sayin'.
