Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. X-13

    dlc in games

    Apart from Fable 2, I think it's just Dark Souls 2... It's an awesome concept.
  2. X-13

    dlc in games

    Fable 2 had forced multiplayer... which was P2P and behind a paywall. [if you wanted all the weapons/achievements] Microsoft - Leading the way in milking your customers for all their cash. Purple or GTFO. [And it's actually in the game!!]
  3. X-13

    dlc in games

    Oh, no. THAT'S not the worst Fable 3 DLC. The dye pack is. There are literally empty slots on the dye rack that you can't fill if you don't pay. The dye colour? Black. The one everyone wants.
  4. ...I can see grid lines. Unless I'm misreading what you wrote.
  5. X-13

    Promise Vtrak E610f

    Strange... There's a few bits on their support site, but it would be a OEM modded version.
  6. X-13

    dlc in games

    Yup, that annoyed me as well... But I may grab the season pass. [it's cool you can use it as a discount when all the DLC has been released.] I like the game. so I want moar. The extra costumes/weapons are meh [except 1920's gangster]. I like the "Digital Trips"... Seriously, "Alone" could be it's own game. I would play the butts out of that.
  7. X-13

    Promise Vtrak E610f

    http://firstweb.promise.com/upload/support/Manual/VTrak_E-Class_%20QSG_v2.0.pdf Page 29. Basically, you use PuTTY to connect to the SAN and go from there. And that cable looks pretty standard to me...
  8. Or a custom skin. Seriously, we have 70 of them. They're awesome.
  9. X-13

    dlc in games

    Extra content, I'm fine with it. When it's appropriately priced. Doubly so when they release it as a standalone thing as well. Triply so when it gets it's own physical release. [<3 my Infamous: First Light disk] A bunch of skins/weapons that used to be an in-game reward to playing... Nope.avi They're usually balance breaking. 1 pre-order/DLC weapon that can literally take you through the entire game in a RPG. Why buy the game if you're going to cheese it? And unlock packs tend to make things pay-to-win.
  10. X-13

    dlc in games

    Let me be the first [and probably only] person to say... I don't care about devs opinions on preowned games. No other industry tries to come up with ways to make money from second hand sales. Why should PUBLISHERS be continuously getting profit from the same physical game? [Yeah it's not the devs that make money, it's publishers.]
  11. GPOs, son. computer config > Policies > Administrative templates > System > Logon > Always use custom logon background Computer config > Preferences > Windows Settings > Files Replace: Source files: \\server\share\[image folder]\* Destination folder: %systemroot%\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds
  12. X-13

    dlc in games

    I made the mistake of grabbing the Assassin's Creed multiplayer stuff... It's basically unusable. You can't use the maps unless everyone else has them, so there's no point looking because so many people DON'T have them. [The extra characters are cool though... but shouldn't be a chargeable thing. They're effectively skins.] Something I'm seeing more of, GOTY/complete editions not actually being made. Or coming with single use codes for the content.
  13. You used to be able to prevent the page by blocking access to it through GPO... But it looks like that doesn't work any more.
  14. Custom themes, as in from the Google chrome store? If it's that, just blacklist all extensions. Whitelist the ones you want to install. [i'd suggest cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb which is Adblock Plus.]
  15. I see no problem with this. Sounds like a Mafia/Yakuza hybrid...
  16. X-13

    dlc in games

    I've only had 1 game not recognise a GPU and that was Contrast. And on a different laptop. Ubisoft is notoriously bad at optimisation [the difference between 1080p max settings and 1080p minimum settings? about 5-10FPS], and I'm beginning to see a pattern with PC ports. Optimisation doesn't matter, because you can just upgrade your GPU [The fact they're partnered with nVidia makes this look so bad...]. I tested out Saint's Row IV last night... FPS ranged from 60 all the way up to 118 [could have been 180].
  17. X-13

    dlc in games

    MSI GT60 Dominator. But don't let that stop you being a condescending wotsit.
  18. X-13

    dlc in games

    I can upgrade the laptop... I'm just annoyed that a gpu was made in May[?] of this year and there's already stuff it can't run. Also, no space for a desktop. If there was, i would have gotten one.
  19. Oh god... i want these so much. But not at £95.
  20. X-13

    dlc in games

    And bad ports. Don't forget the bad ports. Stupid £1000 gaming laptop can't even play the new Assassin's Creed...
  21. Use every day: Chrome. inbuilt flash, auto-update, bookmark syncing... I love it. Favorite software: GIMP I draw too many random [bad] things and it has a funny name.
×
×
  • Create New...