Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. Remove the text and claim it [the image] was made by you... They'll put in a bypass for it. If you can actually find a fan made one that's uploaded with no usage restrictions, it's easier.
  2. I don't think any other bank else does...
  3. And people said I'd grow out of Pokémon cards.
  4. Seeing as I keep getting asked for these... and I keep forgetting to send them out. Have a PDF. Chrome settings.pdf I think I took all the domain names and stuff out...
  5. X-13

    WINDOWS XP

    We're 99.99% Win 7 [few Win8.1, bunch o' servers and a XP embedded I don't touch] XP doesn't get connected to the network on pain of death.
  6. Why are you buying windows licences from an Ebay store? Get a proper supplier. Also, it says it right there on the page. Licence category: OEM
  7. http://www.reelseo.com/how-pewdiepie-made-it-to-the-top/ Pretty much sums it up. [including the video] I need to reacquaint myself with the specifics, but IIRC it boils down to setting up the account in one country then moving to another while continuing to use it results in it being pushed harder. Especially if you upload short videos, because of the retention time percentage.
  8. So you're calling him Niko?
  9. Who needs morals when you have EduDog?
  10. The users are bound by their local laws, YouTube [iIRC] are bound by theirs [so, US copyright law]. Foreign law NEVER trumps local law. You can revoke access your end if it's illegal in your country, but you can force them to take content down. If you did, how many openly gay people would now be silenced because of Russian laws?
  11. Today seems to be argue copyright law day... [No, the youtube versions of films ARE NOT legal. And you can't watch Netflix either.]
  12. A white haired girl in a stripy top/dress with a guitar and a curled up centipede are too generic to actually be copyrighted. The pokemon LOGO is trademarked, but unless they're unique designs the actual 'mons aren't. [i'd love to see them try to copyright a pigeon or a bunch of keys...]
  13. https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/en-GB/fair-use.html YouTube's fair use page. They seem to follow the US copyright law, so 17 U.S.C. § 107 applies. And from here, re let's plays/walkthroughs And before "omg, that's just some random website!!!one!!eleven" About This Site
  14. Fair use covers using copyrighted material for education... A walkthrough is technically educational. And adding commentary makes it a transformative work and examept from copyright claims . As always: IANAL
  15. Nintendo are a family company. So, people like PewDiePie, for example, who CONSTANTLY swear... aren't someone Ninty want uploading videos. It's not like the Xbone/Machinima deal. As for their views on written reviews... it's irrelevant. Written reviews aren't a complete playthrough of the game that someone can watch without buying it. Plus, they have legal protections in pretty much every country. And I never said it was fair. It's BS posturing.
  16. That's one hell of a logic jump. Their argument is actually "We own the rights to the game, if you want to put it on youtube you need to agree to our terms." It's pointless anyway, as most of the gaming youtubers are American. And they have a "fair use" clause in their copyright laws making what they're currently doing legal. And I wish everyone would get over PewDiePie. He isn't popular because he's good, he's popular because of how Youtube's suggestion algorithm works.
  17. So, you're going to make your own Ruckus dog... With blackjack and hookers?
  18. Post MADvent blues. We need SOMETHING to keep us distracted from work.
  19. this fing wot I said before Seriously... This seems awesome. It's picking up the update and it's ready to push out with WSUS. [i think... Not too up to speed with it yet.]
  20. Behold the power of being bored! My card now has 100% more Pokemon.
  21. We've always been at war with Eastasia.
  22. We've got crappy snow here... so glad my buses are still running. [The snow here is such bad quality, I legit didn't know you could actually SEE snowflakes until a couple of years ago...]
  23. And apparently someone who thinks it's appropriate to call 20000+ people on twitter women-hating harassers with 0 evidence... ...and they really don't like it when you call them out on it.
  24. GOD DANGIT! STOP REPLYING TO THIS THREAD, I KEEP GETTING EMAILS!!!!
  25. I can't think of what a Black Country accent is... but I doubt ANY accent makes 5 sound like any number greater [or equal] to 7.
×
×
  • Create New...