-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
Everything is networked here. ATM we're using Offline Files for the laptops teachers take home, but yeah... everything is on the network and backed up automagically. Remind them that the laptops aren't their property and as such they have no say in the matter.
- 9 replies
-
- how do you do it?
- it in schools
- (and 2 more)
-
[video] 50 Shades of Grey/ Steve Buscemi (Trailer Recut)
X-13 replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Safe for work, but not safe for RM Safetynet. -
[bug/error] Today's Post/What's New error
X-13 replied to hardtailstar's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
47 "updated" subscribed threads from the past couple of days when I got into work... Plus another 20-odd %time% ago because the forum decided I hadn't read posts from January. I've tried the usercp one a few times... it's never done anything. -
[video] 50 Shades of Grey/ Steve Buscemi (Trailer Recut)
X-13 replied to flyinghaggis's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
It's not just the BDSM community that think that. 50 shades is BDSM written by someone with no concept of actual BDSM and a need to fetishise abusive relationships. Which isn't surprising as it's Twilight fan-fiction. Which is just as messed up. -
[bug/error] Today's Post/What's New error
X-13 replied to hardtailstar's topic in EduGeek.net Site Problems
READ ALL THE POSTS! -
Help - Need chat responses for an automated technician bot...
X-13 replied to spadam's topic in General Chat
Is this text or speech? Also add "Identity verification successful. Auto-destruct sequence initiated." to the list. -
Nah, I've got my man on the inside.
-
You were in a car crash, guess you're never driving again.
-
Dat click-bait title... Who'd you think you are? Kotaku?
-
Help - Need chat responses for an automated technician bot...
X-13 replied to spadam's topic in General Chat
If you can hook up an RNG to the bot, get it to tell people they're currently [really long number] in the queue. Oh, Rick Astley hold music! -
Help - Need chat responses for an automated technician bot...
X-13 replied to spadam's topic in General Chat
"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" -
I'm looking for unlimited data... [Even though I probably don't need it.]
-
Their cheapest one is £38 p/m... With £70 upfront. Le EDIT: Also, I'm not sure what to say about the fact you grabbed the pink one for the link.
-
Just looked at the One M8 on Three... Unlimited data, 600 minutes £32 p/m + £50 down payment.
-
Check the permissions on the folder/files. We had this problem before, for some reason they change so that only administrators can use them. [You know... the sort of permissions you'd have on a standalone home computer.]
-
I'm sorry, I don't speak yoof.
-
Gurl, did you even see what she was wearing?! Super LCD3 capacitive Gorilla glass touchscreen and [Gunmetal Gray/Glacial Silver/Amber Gold] case? Purleese.
-
It took me a moment to realise there's no "Gossip" thread tag... 6/10 - Got moderately trolled.
-
BYOD - who has said "not in this school, too risky" !
X-13 replied to kennysarmy's topic in Wireless Networks
Probably because they don't really understand what it means... I would refuse if I had to do it on my personal stuff. -
Dewey, Skrewham and Howel.
-
BYOD - who has said "not in this school, too risky" !
X-13 replied to kennysarmy's topic in Wireless Networks
Pretty much. BYOD is more trouble than it's worth. We can't reasonably say we're meeting our safeguarding requirements, when there's very little we can do to stop anything. -
Make your own, with blackjack and hookers.
-
BYOD - who has said "not in this school, too risky" !
X-13 replied to kennysarmy's topic in Wireless Networks
Us. But, we're a primary school in a dodgy area. It's less "network security" and more "I'm not implementing anything that's likely to get kids stabbed".
