Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. Which reminds me of a joke... Two scientists walk into a bar. The first one says “I'll have some H2O.” The second one says, “I'll have some H2O too.” Then he dies.
  2. I stand [well, sit] corrected. I read about it on the way in this morning. I remembered "dose" and forgot "lethal".
  3. TBF, she took 4 times the amount she should have [if it's the one I'm thinking of] Dose is 2 tablets [a day?], she took 8.
  4. TBF, 140 characters is more information than I get from a lot of staff... And, if they're reporting stuff they're reporting stuff.
  5. The ad is a joke one... I hope. It's for a "Free punch".
  6. The "stay safe" bit? It's advice on whether to trust an ad or stay safe if you go to get something.
  7. Oh... I have 2 PaperCut RFID readers in my office... TO THE LAB!
  8. Think of all the potential problems of linking everything to an easily losable piece of plastic...
  9. >Flashbacks of Gawker getting Coke's twitter bot to spout Mein Kampf. Coca-Cola pulls Twitter campaign after it was tricked into quoting Mein Kampf | Business | The Guardian
  10. The RFID cards? Because it doesn't work that way apparently... All I want is the ability to ping the RFID cards from the WiFi and find out where the butts people are when I'm trying to find them...
  11. Barcode based digital sign-in for staff and visitors. [And pupils if we want it] Visitors get a paper badge issued and it takes a photo when they sign-in. This is what we use: VisIT ED (Visitor Manage System Reception Kiosk for Schools) Available from SG World
  12. Is this now the EduGeek dating thread? We do things strangely here... We have 2 cards. The barcode one is just a bit of plastic, it gets shredded when the staff member leaves. We also have a blank proximity card for doors and PaperCut that get setup for a specific member of staff to use, but they get unassigned and reissued when they leave.
  13. 2 days off? 4 days off. And Bloodborne turning up some time today.
  14. It has desktop notifications and email alerts as well.
  15. Xir/Xey/Xth'chl'siu'oiero ~Old god summoned~
  16. I actually added Gamer!Luna as a test for the photo part... Except nobody uses photos and Luna is best. My old one had an actual picture and it looked like a mugshot. No.
  17. Yes, that's legitimately my work I.D.
  18. ^ This. People need to learn to chill out.
  19. I'd also be interested in seeing this...
  20. That's crazy talk. And that isn't complete. There's a bunch of stuff that hasn't been picked up for some reason... Also, can't do cleaning during lessons.
  21. Because I'm awesome. The Playstation app lets you upload a custom one. Same if you link to Facebook. They can only be seen if you make a real name request though... which is annoying.
  22. See.. I knew there was something I forgot. I never seem to have time to do hardware checks... I always PLAN to do them during the holiday, then I end up having to reimage EVERYTHING or spend the whole time working through problems.
×
×
  • Create New...