-
Posts
13,085 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by X-13
-
Youtube problem this morning?
X-13 replied to localzuk's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I'm not seeing any problems, and I was watching a 40-minute debate video this morning... Though, I did have this problem last night. -
I haven't seen that, but I did notice the fact these aren't actually real courses. It's an apprenticeship that costs just under £10,000 and requires a degree to apply for.
-
Interesting... though I doubt I could take a year off of work to do it.
-
The brutality that is video game QA. Nope... The requirements are BS. [3+ years experience and at least one shipped title]
-
Strangely, it's the "Revenge of the Sixth" version on my phone. Le EDIT: And just as I go to double-check on my phone, it starts doing that thing where it doesn't even bother to try loading anything.
-
[news] UK's Internet Access could be restricted. Too much demand.
X-13 replied to abillybob's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
Betteridge's law of headlines. -
You really want to admit to thinking I'm a figment of your imagination? That would imply some strange thing about your thinkpan.
-
Which may explain why people wear colours that look odd together...
-
Meth. Not even once. God damn it... I had forgotten about him.
-
"Ntfsdisable8dot3namecreation" Found it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/121007 It's old, but it supposedly speeds up your network... [network is probably the wrong word. I'm tired and don't care.] HOWEVER I'm also seeing a lot of "this will wreck your network" Out of curiosity, can you see when that was changed?
-
Recommend me a Remote Access solution
X-13 replied to Mr_Jiminy's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We use Ericom. I say "use"... it's a thing that is installed and accessible. Currently trying to kick off talks about implementing a password policy [complexity + mandatory changes] as domain credentials are used to access it. -
Mine are in: User Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) > Google > Google Chrome
-
I've got: - 1 Acer V273HL - 2 LG E1910 [one portrait, one landscape] - 1 Yuraku YM19LPA [This was actually given to me by another member of staff, so technically it's mine.] All running off of an ATI FirePro 2450. Any monitor should be fine, tbh. What sort of size and price are you looking at?
-
TIL DISM doesn't like it when the VM you're running a capture on gets paused for 2 days... BSOD all over the place. I had a feeling it was going to bork as well.
-
I looked into that before I found this. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744380(v=ws.10).aspx
-
After balking at the prospect of having to set up a Windows 7 Enterprise image from scratch I decided to do a bit of digging... You can actually take advantage of the way Windows does a repair install to do a sideways upgrade. Which creates a new problem, but that's easily fixed. This is apparently something that people have been using for a while with preview builds that has never been changed. What you need: - Windows 7 Enterprise install media. - An appropriate licence agreement. - A computer and computer related supplies. - Work appropriate beverage of choice... it takes a while. Step 1: Regedit is your friend. Boot up a domain computer or VM with your Windows 7 Professional image applied. Take a wander over to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion Notice anything? Go ahead and change Professional to Enterprise. Then become President Madagascar and SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING. [You don't actually have to reboot here, I just prefer to.] Step 2: Upgrades, you say? Take yer Enterprise install media and shove it where the sun don't shine. In the USB slot, CD tray or mount/browse to the ISO. Now run the setup. Because the registry says you're currently running Enterprise, "Upgrade" now repairs the OS. Step 3: The most interesting thing I ever done seen. Install bars are fun to watch and not at all boring... Good thing I told you to get a beverage. Once it's done, you've now got a Windows 7 Enterprise computer with ALL of your software installed. Congratuwelldone, sysprep and you can capture the new image... Yup. Microsoft don't like like what you're doing. You can't sysprep an "upgraded" computer... Or can you? Step 4: YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME! Take another wander into the registry, specifically "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup" Delete the DWORD "Upgrade" Now take a wander to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status" Change CleanupState to 7. [This may or may not be an actual thing you NEED to do... I did it just to make sure.] Step 5: Whatever. I do what I want. Sysprep and capture. Take that, Microsoft!
-
I'm pretty sure, if there was object permanence, I could have used the cars I drove into the sea as an alternative bridge in GTA:SA and GTA4...
-
Aha, this is the thing I've been looking for. Now to see whether a tablet would actually be fine to run some of the more bloated software we use... Or if it's possible to use a dumb-tablet as a portable touchscreen for a full desktop.
-
I see what you did there.
-
Dark Souls - Exploring the tree in Blighttown, on my way to Ash Lake... backstepped on a ledge and died. Bloodborne - Running to the spoopy spider room and ran off a cliff. [i lasted a total of 3 seconds...]
-
Windows 3.1 if done twice, 9x if done twice fast.
