Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

X-13

Members
  • Posts

    13,085
  • Joined

Everything posted by X-13

  1. I made an executive decision.
  2. @BKGarry and I are meeting up at Stratford at about 12-1 [Let's split the difference and say 12:30] to be huge nerds and play some Pokemon Go. Anyone else want to come down? The plan is to wander near the bar to get all the pokestops and catch the pogeymans.
  3. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Why not set up a guest WiFi ssid for Pokemon Go and only let people connect during break/lunch? Become the cool IT guy. I believe in you.
  4. X-13

    Gaming Chat

    No spoilers, but become super best friends with Marie. And when it's time to leave, don't. You still got stuff to do.
  5. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Which doesn't work when the app constantly eats inputs... so many dodges that turn into attacks.
  6. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Incense works if you're not moving. It just doesn't do much in general. Also, someone lured a pub near me... didn't catch much. More pidgey and spearow.
  7. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    You can't. The people saying that are either trolling or just repeating.
  8. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    I think they reset after a couple of minutes, you could just chill and farm it for a bit.
  9. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Sounds like an excuse to get a new phone.
  10. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    I don't understand how people have Eevees... All I'm finding is junk. Also, the fight mechanics are dumb. Swipe to dodge, tap to attack. Ok, how am I supposed to dodge, when the server lags and half the swipe is ignored? Seriously, 3 buttons. Attack 1, attack 2, dodge. It's not Team Rocket science.
  11. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    There's a gym in the DMZ between North and South Korea. It could solve the problem.
  12. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    That's a good comic... but this is the official United States Marine Corps Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BHvZyvaBxT-/?hl=en Pokémon Go is going to unite the world.
  13. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Welp... looks Iike I'm hunting Eevee today.
  14. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Level 5, then poke a gym. Just wander about a bit catching stuff, don't worry about it.
  15. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    I'm on Team Mystic. Which makes it inherently the best team. It's all about being smart.
  16. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    I got lucky with that. Just as an incense ran out, a Ghastly rolled up. App froze when I threw the ball (servers down, again) but when they came back, I had it in my squad.
  17. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    It's a shame that the app freezes if your phone locks sometimes... and that you can still press buttons. So many times I've got my phone out and seen that EduGeek or Twitter is open.
  18. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Double powersave mode. Phone on powersave, app on powersave. Most of the time my phone is in my pocket. I only take it out to catch stuff, grab items or work out where I need to wander next.
  19. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    I've done a couple of multiple hour runs and have yet to drain my battery... I'm not even doing them from 100%.
  20. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    iOS only. So no dodgy version (IIRC) The Android version uses the OS's access, iOS has to request it. Either Niantic said they need full access, or Apple just request full access for apps. Either way, someone has messed up. I'm already seeing fear mongering articles...
  21. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Tumblr is a nightmare on phones. Also, tl;dr.
  22. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Pokemon Go isn't on my list of apps with permissions. It's iOS only and, due to it not being a thing on Android, it's probably Apple/Niantic being lazy setting permissions.
  23. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Psh, I catch whatever then breed for one of each with volt-tackle. #EUGENICS
  24. X-13

    Pokémon: GO

    Coming from the proper Pokemon games... Raichu is only good when male and they have that sharp pointed tail. Females stay as Pikachu for that swag heart-shaped notch. I don't know what you're talking about. Though, providing it continues to be a thing, having a place to give everyone a heads-up on rare pokemon and organise gym raids would be cool.
×
×
  • Create New...