Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Mark182

Members
  • Posts

    791
  • Joined

Everything posted by Mark182

  1. Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Looking forward to the next one on Sunday.
  2. We use profile manager > log in items > SMB://path/share
  3. 570 for me and my lot!
  4. HA! school boy error on my part! Been along day here.
  5. I have large spreadsheet I need to concatenate multiple cells. I have this so far =CONCATENATE(LEFT(B2,1), B2,C2) <-- that works for just one but I need to do over 200 ending at A207,B207 C207 Column A = First name (Stu) Column B = Last name (Dent) Column C = number (001234) I have over 200 students I need to do this for and I need the outcome to be = sdent001234 and so on. I just cannot seem to figure it out...
  6. Yeah, road bike.
  7. Anyone do the Strava #myhour last week? Here's mine
  8. When using RDS are you guys using a session based or virtual machine based deployment? If you are using session (we are thinking of using this way) how are you getting access to Sims (mapping S drive ect). Cheers for all the feedback.
  9. Yeah same as us based on FTE. I will get onto our supplier now and price/order some CAL's.
  10. Cheers, we'll have a bash with our test servers later. Thanks for the information
  11. Sounds good. how are you mapping shared drives ect. I have been looking here from July we will have x 2 servers with data centre and x 1 with standard 2012 R2. Currently with terminal server I need extra licensing. Is it the same with RDS? Thanks for all the feedback so far guys.
  12. Yeah that is what we are leaning towards at the moment.
  13. Hello everyone, We are having some big changes this summer moving to server 2012 R2, virtualizing ect. The reason for my post is a two headed question/ask for advice. At the moment we “remote in” using Sun Global Desktop and a terminal server. A very long winded way and staff don’t like it. We have been weighing up using Microsoft direct access or Home Access Plus+ Is anyone using direct access? I know people are using Home access on here. Please correct me if I am wrong but the only drawback I can see for direct access is having to install the “client” on the member of staff’s laptop , the reason I bring that up is that not every member of staff here has a staff laptop so would not be able to remote in using their “home PC” whereas using Home access anyone with the correct credentials can use the “web portal” to log in. The main point of remoting in is that staff need access to home and shared network drives and Sims. This brings me on to my next point/question, we are also want to introduce online room booking that pulls the data dynamically from Sims. I believe Home access does this? Sorry for the long winded post. Just after some advice and seeing what everyone else uses.
  14. Have a look at this
  15. Mark182

    iMac issue

    Try this PRAM reset
  16. These are good
  17. This is what we are thinking at my place. We like it but cannot afford to renew.
  18. I used to run a football team and coach disability sports, I spend time with my kids, football and road bike as much as I can.
  19. We’ve bought from @VeryPC a few times and in bulk as well. Always been happy with the service and the 5 year warranty is a winner for us. Kit is always well made. When we did have an issue with one desktop it was dealt with very quickly.
  20. Thanks for all the feedback. Got a few ideas. I will post back in a few days
  21. Yeah that'd be a good idea. I am having the same issue with One Drive and shared folders where I'd have to manually add users. It'd be ok for the folders I control but a mare for the ones a don't.
  22. I know it sound petty but it won't happen and some of the list I am not in charge of.
  23. We are moving away from our Cisco 7941 & 7911 headsets and have been quoted for these Alcatel 8038 & 8028 headsets, Anyone used these before and care to share?
  24. We have numerous security groups set up as distribution groups EG [email protected] so when an E-mail is sent to all staff everyone gets it (Who is in the group) we can create a calendar and share it with allstaff@ and everyone in the list gets a nice E-mail saying such a person would like to share a calendar with you, they accept and happy days. Our issue is when a new member of staff joins a distribution list they are not automatically added to the calendar. I can re send the invite but then that mass E-mails everyone again. I cannot figure out a better way to do this. Anyone got any ideas?
×
×
  • Create New...