-
Posts
791 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Mark182
-
Thanks for all the advise!
-
I've around 2/3k in the pot after all fee's ect. I am keen to get all the 'major' work done that's been highlighted, its around 80 years old I believe. Structurally it's fine. I am thinking of asking them to get the rendering, vents and why water is leaking in at roof level at the chimney done and we'll do the rest.
-
I see what you are saying but with all the associated costs of buying a house ect I only have a certain budget
-
I have just had an offer on my dream house accepted. Just had an extended property survey. My partner and I have knocked off around 12k off the asking price and were pretty pleased. The survey has just come back and been quoted 2k for the jobs but that’s the standard price if everything is straight forward. I have a feeling it won’t be as the things that have failed are :- • Front of the house will need re rendering (the survey says it COULD be patched up but won’t know till they start knocking it back) • 90% of the windows need re sealing with one needing replacing • Two of the out buildings need minor renovation work (not in the quote) • Main living room wall has elevated readings for moisture (due to cracks in the rendering front wall) • Vents blocked allowing damp • The chimney stack rises through the center of the room and is plastered on all sides. There is evidence of water ingress at roof level with damage to the decoration and the plaster clearly apparent around the stack. There other odd bits and bobs I don’t mind and can easily resolve. The conclusion says ‘The property has a number of general maintenance issues that should be rectified as soon as possible’ WORKS REQUIRED (Copied from survey) Carry out general maintenance of the gutters and rainwater pipes. Replace the failed glazed unit. Replace the sealant around all windows and doors and adjust the back door to prevent water ingress. Take out the existing vents to the front elevation and install four new vents to improve the sub-floor conditions. Hack off the rendering to the front elevation where blown and re-render these areas. (The intention would be to match as closely as possible the existing finish but some difference may be inevitable). The reason I post the above is just wanted to know how YOU would play the above situation. I know when buying a house it’s not going to be as new. I am thinking of E-mailing them saying if they get the ‘‘The property has a number of general maintenance issues that should be rectified as soon as possible’’ issues resolved then I don’t mind paying the agreed price. I know the homeowner has just had a new boiler fitted as this was happening on the day of the survey. If they cannot or won’t then I would like to knock another 5k off. I pick the figure because when the work starts on ‘‘The property has a number of general maintenance issues that should be rectified as soon as possible’’ work they’ll find more work that needs doing. Any advice welcome, I’ve asked friends and family but people usually give very good advice on here – Cheers.
-
-
Classroom Management Software?
Mark182 replied to jbutlin's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Impero here. it's ace but £££. Just stay away from 5105 -
Done! Good luck, Cool photo! Thanks for voting! Enjoy browsing and please continue to vote for your favourites
-
My dream car - TVR Cerbera Yellow -
-
-
That's what we have looked at doing, how would/do you do it
-
We have an issue where ICT need to run .exes for small basic, scratch and a few other bits. We have an issue now where students are running wild. Running things such as ultrasurf ect. We are using group policy hash rule to block them but are fighting a losing battle. We use tree size pro to delete all dodgy stuff, In our Sophos console under “application control” we have Proxy/VPN selected but all that seems to do is flag up when someone is using one of them tools. In lightspeed we have this ticked “Block P2P networks Block all unidentified UDP connections, Skype, UltraSurf type traffic, and file-sharing networks such as BitTorrent. “ So my main two issue are students running .exe and using proxies. Anyone any advice? Running Windows 7 Pro ( so no applocker) Server 2012R2
-
On V5.0.03 here
-
Secure Remote Access - What do you use?
Mark182 replied to hyb80's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
We use remote desktop services server 2012, works very well. -
Issue resolved!! We unplugged all the fibres so only server room and surrounding rooms were connected. Then we plugged each fibre in one by one until the issue came back. Went to that hub room and unplugged all switches and plugged them in one by one until the issue came back. Logged onto the switch and “native vlan mismatch” found the port and traced it back and BAM! A loopback in a classroom…we have STP enabled so not really sure how it did not shutdown the port. It was in the smaller school attached to ours! Do’h!
-
We did have "failover" set up on another DC but turned it off as there was errors - - - Updated - - - Will do when back in tomorrow
-
We think its switch related. FYI attachment, I can a port in a VLAN lets say .54 but if you release and renew IP then it'll grab a .55 even though it should not. Going to do some more testing tomorrow, as we are only having issues with .55 and .54 scopes.
-
I came in on Saturday to do some testing. I logged in remotely to our DC checked "reconcile" was all fine. I then logged onto the server once on site and checked again, all fine. I turned one random computer on one pops up in the reconcile box. I turn off that desktop and unplug from the network and reconcile, leave it 20 minutes check again all clear. Turn another random desktop same again. I go through the process a few times and same outcome. I have checked all our servers the RRAS role is not installed on any of them. It seems when a desktop boots up and checks it current lease that's when errors occur. We have rebuilt DHCP on this server from scratch so I am really confused! This "MAC" addresses all start "31302e37352e353522313XXX Anyone any ideas?
-
Funny you should say that, We have RDS set up on last (Friday 27th) Our ISP made some changes.... Yeah only DHCP is selected. Thanks for the reply!
-
Just a little more information see attached picture. This IP 10.75.59.254 address is constantly requesting addresses. The 10.75.59.00 scope is our wireless (SID not broadcast) we stop dishing out addresses at .50 Whatever is it keeps exhausting our .54 and .55 scopes until there is no more left to dish out. If you that the IP address into IE it comes up with a page about the website’s security certificate and then you click continue the page cannot be displayed. When all devices are off at night time we don’t have to reconcile our scope but as soon as users come in and power on desktops ect then everything goes nuts. We have spanning tree enabled on switches and they are not maxing out any of them. It’s only happening on our .45 .55 range. We’ve tried shutdown commands on that IP address no joy
-
A little update, used our shutdown to make sure everything was turned off last. Came in early and started to turn computer rooms on.....From the first post the dodgy MAC address is requesting all our IP address and filling up the scopes so no one can log in. I checked on the DHCP server last night when everything was off and all looked okay. I think it's wireshark time to see what continually makes DHCP requests to take up all the addresses.
-
Anyone ever seen this "An error occurred while renewing interface local area connection: The name specified in the network control block is in use on a remote adaptor. The NCB is the data. " We have rebuilt DCHP on our DC and turned off fail over, All windows updates installed. Really struggling with this. Seems when a device is restarted even though it has a valid lease before restart it then won't use that address after a restart.
-
No, no changes on switches or anything.
-
We have 11 scopes in total but only two ranges are pushing out TYPE = DHCP/BOOTP, all other scopes are fine and renewing leases. Two of them don't seem to be. As the lease runs out on a device it then won't get an IP address.
-
FYI attachment... Anything that gets a DHCP/BOOTP won't get an IP address. Have tried to reconcile scopes they keep coming back.... Everything that re news does not get an IP address...
