-
Posts
1,832 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by pooley
-
Slow down the Double click rate until they get used to it
-
Does work but be careful, MS office (mostly Publisher) will not save to a folder with the Delete permission removed.
-
Both my primaries have achieved this in the last couple of years. The Matrix was a lot of work (I left that to the IT Coordinator). Everything needs to be evidenced and then they come out and "Inspect" your school for a day. Nothing too scarey but nice kudos when you get it
-
External terrabyte drive's are less than £100 these days, thats what I use.
-
[ms office - 2003] Outlook - User can not connect to exchange server
pooley replied to Tony_Mc's topic in Office Software
Have you "Hidden" them from the exchange address lists? -
Esxi - Vswitch config help needed
pooley replied to pooley's topic in Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Yes it is, the only thing the "Test physical Network" failed on was pinging the DNS name, but I have left that at defaults, assumed it wouldn't make a difference. -
Ok Have installed ESXI on my HP Server, given it static management ip Using VI Client I have installed 2 server OS (both server 2008) All is good, I have assigned both Servers a static IP. Servers can both ping each other and the ESXI Host without any problems. But I cannot get them to ping/see my physical network. Both respond with Destination host unreachable (after ping) On my ESXI host server in the "Test Management Network" it can ping the physical network. So I need to configure a/my Vswitch but am not getting very far. After that ramble I am hoping someone can help I have attached a pic of my setup. I have tried some configurations but with no joy, dont realy want to kill it lol Cheers Si
-
Hi Gareth Actually I was talking about Cardiff/Vale but I am interested to hear what you guys are doing in Swansea. I have a meeting on Wednesday and will possibly be looking for Examples to show our LA to try and get them on board. Thanks for the offer fella
-
Forgot about the Vswitch - DOH
-
I'm just dipping my toes into virtualisation. Have installed esxi and configured and installed a virtual Server 2008. That was easy I must be missing something but my virtual server will not pick up a dhcp address nor when I assign it a static ip will it ping anything on the network, nor can anything ping it. Now I assume there is a bridge or similar I need to set-up but for the life of me I can't find it. Probably missing the obvious, but then it is Monday. Si
-
Its not my LA that offers this solution as yet (one nearby does), we are writing a paper for them to possibly act upon regarding VLE's in this authority. We are/maybe in a position to buy the Frog solution ourselves and then offer it to other primaries (possibly secondaries too) but obviosly we are looking for most cost effective for us. Thanks for comments so far, keep em comming Si
-
We are looking into VLE for primary schools within a Cluster and/or possibly LA. At Bett we approached FROG and were advised that FROG VLE + server would cost somewhere in the region of £30k and normaly Primaries would branch off a local Comp with frog already installed at a cost of ??? (comps to charge what they think fair) Went to Fronter who couldn't give a definitive price but came up with £1.80 / £2.00 per student/teacher but couldnt advise on setup fees etc (awaiting some info) An LA local to us has just started a pilot using Sharepoint in conjunction with SLG2 (Sims learning gateway) - so far setup costs are £50k+ but this will be an LEA based setup and will become available to all schools in the authority(costs to be shared out evenly). I would like to think that our LA would go for this but I have my doubts. Moodle is also an option, hosted ourselves or externally but I have Zero web design skills and don't really have the time to manage a vle. So my options seem to be Frog (or similar) - Split between Cluster of schools Sharepoint (& Moodle?) and emply someone to manage/run the VLE Or talk to LA and try and convince them this is a good thing and all schools will eventually want in. What do you guys think? Si
-
Me and the Head were impressed by this and have ordered/bought one for our Nursery/Foundation phase.
-
As you can see I can use google thanks
-
I have an old Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo C5900 sitting here doing not alot, so I thought i'd have a play and see if I could run Vista on it to help me get to grips with this pos OS. Problem is I cannot get any sound card drivers, its an on board soundmax AD1986 chipset, have tried the asus ones and they throw up an error on installation, have emailed FS but no reply as yet, so wondering if anyone else has any suggestions before I just blat it back to XP Cheers Si
-
Only someone religious would argue that atheism is a faith ?
- 224 replies
-
- anti religion
- atheism
- (and 10 more)
-
Any script kiddies out there that can point me in the right direction? I'm after a script I can push to teachers machines to check if a specific application, in this case outlook.exe, is running. If not i'd like it to start/run the app. Any suggestions ?
-
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i Bawb! Happy New Year All!!!!!!!
-
Make a big effort to have your details removed from the company you used, stating you will no longer be using them as they don't honour their prices and see what happens. I always find that these companies only respond if they think they will lose out financially.
-
How to spot a Geek * Speaks in monosyllables (if at all) * Avoids eye contact * Starts conversations about Battlestar Galactica * Spends over 12 hours a day at a computer * Corrects you if you mispronounce "Linux" * Writes everyday emails in pseudo code * Has an elaborate adolescent email signature * Scoffs at inferior technology * Owns gadgets. Lots of them. Anyone you know ?
-
We use truecrypt to encrypt all usb pens that are used within school. We are about to start encrypting laptops that will be used off site.
-
Networks - Christmas ideas (VLE, desktop backgrounds etc etc.)
pooley replied to _Bat_'s topic in Wireless Networks
Before I started to use bginfo I just used the std gpo setting and changed the desktop pick to a nice xmas scene, then changed it back before new year, unfortunatly for every user who had logged on it cached the old xmas wallpaper and took ages for the propper wallpaper to permeate through, had some users getting xmas scene's at easter lol -
Seems us geeks have similar tastes, watch mostly the same as listed, and watch Burn notice & Bones, ER when its back on, reruns of The West Wing, basically as my wofe would put it "any American sh1te"
-
So shall I ask the question ?? Will get to see a pic of you in your now ensemble ?
