CapEnd
Members-
Posts
177 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by CapEnd
-
Ive been asked to find some software for report writing. We want to replace Report Assist (THANKFULLY!) We want an online system where the reports are held online, I have found Report Box which looks excellent - ReportBox - online report writing for primary schools and teachers And one ICT co-ordinator has found http://www.bluehills.co.uk/prw Anyone used any of these websites? I personally like the look of Report Box. We would be looking at the £299 a year package which I think is reasonable. Our ICT co-ordinator mentioned that by 2012 all primary schools must provide online reporting to parents - I guess this is a government requirement... Any advice appreciated.
-
Hi All I know this is a bit cheeky, but am after a logo for the new website I am setting up, and thought the best place would be here. The website is called landywatch - landywatch.co.uk/ - Index page and is a Land Rover Theft Monitoring website. What we are setting up a system where we can log all Land Rover thefts, recovered Land Rovers, and suspicious activity into a database that can then be brought up on a map so we can identify trends in the theft of these vehicles. We are after a logo for the website, but I am not the best at using design packages and thought with the wealth of graphical experience on this website a cracking logo could be made. I was thinking of something along the lines of the Neighbourhood Watch logo, or the Home Watch Logo, with the middle part of the logo replaced with a blueprint of a Land Rover. http://launton.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/neighbourhood_watch.jpg http://transport-blueprints.ru/images/landrover_001.jpg http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/images/homewatch-logo.gif I was thinking something along the lines of the above with Landy Watch as the text and your artistic flair We could then have these made up into window stickers for vehicles, as well as branding for the website. If anyone could spare a little time to make us a logo it would be much appreciated.
-
- design
- land rover
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
But for how long...
-
Depending on the age of the vehicle, just shove some veg or rapeseed oil in. Although, suspiciously the price of said oils in most places has almost reached the same price as derv.
-
Its a song. And a good song at that. Have they got nothing more to be concerned about?
-
Forum access on mobile devices with apps.
CapEnd replied to CapEnd's topic in Comments and Suggestions
Rather than edugeek spending money on an iphone/ipad app that only iphone/ipad users could use, they could use a free piece of software and for members who wish to use the app can purchase the app. And it works on android and iphone etc. Seems a better, idea to me?- 10 replies
-
- forum
- mobile devices
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Forum access on mobile devices with apps.
CapEnd replied to CapEnd's topic in Comments and Suggestions
I use tapatalk for a land rover forum and find it excellent. Apparently all that is required is a free add-on to the forum and it would allow it to work. Rather than a specific app for edugeek, tapatalk allows you to use all your forums from one app.- 10 replies
-
- forum
- mobile devices
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi there, Ive been using Tapatalk on my Android phone for a while for other forums and there is a free plugin that can be added to forums to make edugeek work on these apps. Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF Is it possible for this to be done to allow access for us on our mobile devices? Iphones, android etc. Just a thought, but it would be useful.
- 10 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- forum
- mobile devices
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
The best thing I have ever found for cleaning a smartboard is those magic sponges. They are brilliant, just dampen them a little and no cleaning fluid is required. They take off glue, permenant marker, whiteboard pens, crayon, you name it, i have cleaned it off with these magic sponges. They are, well, Magic! Our caretaker gets them. 'Vileda Professional Miraclean'
-
You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.
-
They are great, best thing I have ever purchased by far. Its like a woman however, noisy, and very high maintainance, but worth every penny. Shes called Harriet.
-
I wouldnt want a car free life. I love my car, both as transport and as a hobby. Love going off road, green laning, driving up places that you couldn't walk up. Land Rover Defender, the best car ever made!
-
Right, the Catenary wire idea has gone out of the window on the instruction of the key stage manager. The only other location we can find is up on the roof where a wall goes up above the roof itself. It faces East, but is only a few metres higher than the hall roof, so does anyone know if birds will like this location? I don't really want to arse around putting the thing up only for the little birdies to turn their beaks up at it...
-
The power runs down the same cable as the AV. It is like 3 cables fastened together, power, video, and sound.
-
I have been given the task of installing a bird box camera thing that one of our teachers has purchased. It is a bird box with a night vision camera that fits inside. It comes with 20m of cable and therefore needs to be within 20 metres of the projector they wish it to be connected to. I was going to just connect it up to a TV in the hall, but they want it on the projector. The hall is nearly 20 meters to the projector, so I guess I could get extention cables similar to the cables for CCTV cameras they sell in Maplin. Im thinking that the best place would be near some trees or something, but the nearest trees are at the other side of the carpark, so my only other idea is to suspend a metal cable between the building and the trees at high level, and fasten the camera cable to the metal cable, as digging a trench is not an option. Has anyone else got one of these systems and any ideas on where to place it. I am no expert on birds, so am not sure where to place the box for them to want to go in it, and i dont really want to go to all the effort of installing the thing if the birds are just going to turn their noses up at it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
-
htc desire / desire hd text message notifcation
CapEnd replied to timbo343's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
It can be turned off I believe, but I use Hancent SMS that is a free app, and has much more customisability than the standard app, and I find it much better than the standard messaging app. -
Wheel him then...
-
Is it just me, or is anyone else looking forward see how this pans out?
-
We are a 600 student primary. Last year on ink alone we spent £40,000 on ink. I dread to think what it would be for the paper and everything else.
-
McNasty, Unlucky Fried Kitten et.al. to write govt policy on obesity.
CapEnd replied to Andrew_C's topic in General Chat
Utter lunacy, although no surprise really...- 17 replies
-
- corruption
- food
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I was commenting on what TopBannana said.
