Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

caffrey

Members
  • Posts

    4,763
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caffrey

  1. I have different policies per user AD group which applies a radius class value based on the AD group they are in, I'm thinking (I may be wrong - I usually am ) You would need to create groups to separate VPN users from wifi users
  2. What's odd is why is youtube and netflix working... Unless it's the streaming protocol. Shame you haven't got another streaming box to test with to rule out the tv - not got an xbox or similar ?
  3. Tried changing the DNS settings on the tv ?
  4. The iplayer app seems to cache about 30 seconds of TV when I unplug the lan cable - so could be a cache issue ? Tried a factory reset ? https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Apps-storage-space-issue/m-p/1596765/highlight/true#M36428 Bit of a pain as you would have to set everything back up Edited for wrong URL
  5. NP Just tested IPlayer, and that film without issue too This is on LAN also
  6. Updated to the latest version (1294.1) and I'm having no issues with ITV Hub (18.0.1) Network is unifi and I have a PiHole blocking all the rubbish that's coming out of the TV - Samsung is one of the worst culprits I now have an issue with no internal storage - but this is a common grievance https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085
  7. Do you have any usb to lan ethernet adaptors laying around to test with ? Not sure how compatible they are though. I have a samsung tv of similar vintage (NU7400) I can test Just trying now, TV is on old firmware without update so I'll run ITV for a bit then update and see what happens Annoying thing all these damn sign in for all these streaming services....
  8. Ikea Markus fits that budget, that's what I have at home. Try not to bother with those gaming chairs, most are rubbish
  9. Not sure if this addon is useful for anyone https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-meet-grid-view/bjkegbgpfgpikgkfidhcihhiflbjgfic?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon
  10. Yeah, Dave has some nice lenovo T440 , just had a few from him
  11. https://twitter.com/Sandford_Police/status/1246125769539162113
  12. Somewhere in Birmingham a mobile phone mast was burned down too
  13. I want to get off the planet after seeing this (Sorry about reddit link - comments may be NSFW) https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ftm3y1/weird_woman_confronts_fibre_workers/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
  14. Thanks, Drive Uploader seems easy enough to use
  15. I don't entirely know, just that they are confidential We have edulink one
  16. Thanks, I'll have a look at that basic version may be enough Was contemplating setting up a temp wordpress VM but it's a fair bit of work
  17. No VLE as such, all GSuite We have all contact details, just no secure file upload server Might see if I can set one up
  18. Not with a LEA unfortunately
  19. I'm looking for a solution to allow parents to upload documents securely to our school and not via email (possible GDPR issues etc.) Google forms has a file upload option but requires everyone to have a google account. We have an onsite wordpress installation - is there anything I can install on that ?
  20. Isn't it a bit chicken and egg though ? Can't pick up the new policies if they aren't connected to the domain ?
  21. By coincidence I'm in a similar dilemma, a user is having issues connecting due to DNS issues I think (error 868) So I've tried to talk them through using IP instead however everything we try is blocked due to no admin access
  22. Got a call from school that Google Meet is no longer working on SBB \ Netsweeper from school devices to external It's working on an unfiltered range as I've just tested it, checked traffic nothing blocked Anyone else having issues ? staff have said this was working before
  23. the pbk is stored in %AppData%\Microsoft\Network\Connections if that helps , could edit it ?
  24. Has language, but I like this one https://twitter.com/bramble444/status/1243814319558705152
×
×
  • Create New...