-
Posts
678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by RobD
-
We had a similar issue, the best thing we did was block port 25 on traffic out of our firewall on every IP except our Exchange servers.
-
I use a sql script that I schedule: BACKUP DATABASE NAMEOFDB TO DISK = 'c:\temp\Backup.bak' with STATS = 1
-
Some pretty good climbing in Symonds Yat, not desperatly hard climbing but the views are awsome...
-
I'm a big fan of https://ariotek.co.uk/ as they're support is amazing and they're uk based.
-
You sir, are a gent!
-
I'm interested!!
-
I'd delprof2 after each attempt just to make sure the profile on the PC isnt causing issues with your attempts. Then I used this guide: Mandatory Profiles | Tech Blog
-
This may not help but here's what I did: Bought a HP P410 raid card and 4 WD red drives, Created a raid 5 with the drives, Installed esxi 5.5 on a USB drive, Install two servers (via ESXi) for playing with. You could do a hardware raid with the two drives you have and do the same, shoudnt cost you anything really.
-
Smoothwall, would you buy it?
RobD replied to TechBod's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
I have lightspeed and although I didnt like it at first I'm really into it now. Does some great stuff like different access lists for different groups at different times of the day so for example when the boarders get back to their room they have facebook but dont in the day etc etc. -
I'm there on Thursday!!
-
Thanks both, I'll take a look at both but I use my ESXi box fairly extensivly at the moment so not desperate to move away. Thanks
-
Hi All, I have a N54L with ESXi 5.5 running on it without a raid card. So all was great and I was using each single drive as a datastore but today a drive died meaning I lost everything on it (and there was loads). So apart from being gutted I need a Raid card but I'm a tad limited financially (as I need new disks too), I've looked at a HP P410 but I cant much in the UK under £80 could anyone recommend anything else (Adaptec ASR-3405??) which may be a tad cheaper and compatible? Thanks
-
I'm back in work and sad
-
Have a read through the below, may help: Interactive Smart Boards
-
Thanks @danmoly I've just deployed this via a registry GPO which works like a charm: Key: HKEY Current User\Control\Desktop\Wallpaper, type Value: REG_SZ Value: \\ProfileServer\Staff_profiles_Share\%username%.v2\appdata\roaming\microsoft\windows\themes\TranscodedWallpaper.jpg (the above value allows user to have their personal wallpaper even if their profile has gone pair shaped on their PC).
-
Thanks for the reply @danmoly, whats the reg change you implement? I dont mind the .domain thing if they dont notice the wallpaper.
-
No one?
-
Hi All, We have a annoying issue where when users logout their roaming profile is not deleted properly meaning when they logon again they get: Username.Domain And if it happens again they get numbers after the domain, the problem seems to be the profile has active files open meaning it cant be deleted so when they logon again the second profile is created and the users personal background goes black (yes they wont let me roll out desktop backgrounds) and they moan. Everything except app data is redirected so really this only affects a few app data things but its really annoying me, I've tried to fix it by using a delprof2.exe script on PC boot but the problem still seems to be floating around (probably because staff never reboot PC's just logout). If I disable "Delete cached copies of roaming profiles" do you think I'll run into more different issues? Any help would be great. Thanks
-
We use a batch: @echo off net stop WSearch net stop TabletInputService \\Domain.local\SYSVOL\Domain.local\scripts\delprof\delprof2.exe /ed:admin* /u net start TabletInputService net start WSearch The reason we stop the above services is due to this
-
You can set the libraries in the mandatory profile, this guide is great: How to create a Mandatory profile with Folder Redirections - RobinHobo.com
-
Could try and reseat the dead drives, might be lucky.
-
Hi All, I look after a infant school who are housed in a very nice old building with very thick walls, I'm looking to extend their wireless into some more classrooms, they have a very basic setup i.e. A ADSL router and 6 non domain laptops. What would people recommend to buy to extend the wifi? I'll probably need around 5 to spread around the School. Thanks Rob
-
Sorry I meant to write P4500s, I still don't think it'll make any difference if they are running as part of a cluster but its probably best to safe rather than sorry.
-
Hi, If your SAN cluster has a few P4300's in it then you should be ok as when you run the upgrade it should just take one down at a time and the other P4300 in the cluster should take over. Rob
