Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. I moved from a Samsung 720 plasma to an LG 1080 LCD and noticed a massive difference in picture quality. Have a look at Richer Sounds. Better still, pay them a visit and talk to them. They are really helpful and won't try and sell you something you don't want/need.
  2. Beware. Eye protection my be required for viewing the website ; )
  3. Comms kit and electrical phasing can be a nightmare that's why I've always made sure that I don't use copper to join buildings. I would recommend getting in a networking company to give you a quote and tell them about your power and they will suggest the best course of action.
  4. You have potential problems with the buildings being fed from two different phases. If you had a piece of live equipment that became faulty and fed back through its network cable to a different building on a different phase, you end up shorting across the phases and putting 415v through your 3 pin plugs. You should never use copper to join buildings on different phases.
  5. Yep, I'll go along with that. I was with Force9 for many years and they went in with Plusnet. I have always found their tech support to be excellent. I did have a problem with them a few years ago when I tried to move over to Sky, but they soon resolved everything, gave me a couple of months for free (even though the problem wasn't their fault) and I really struggle to find a reason to move away from them.
  6. When I first started here, for whatever reason, in teh 2 cabs in our office, the switches were in one and the patch panels were in the adjacent one. I was a right mess with spaghetti all over the place.. I was able to swap some of each and reorganise it ... Before After
  7. It should also tie in with the whole school development plan and reference targets within that.
  8. I can't even get the thing to work, enter town, click on search and it just sits there doing nothing! (a bit like when you report a crime then)
  9. And the great thing is that you don't have to talk to each other lol. Many of the members of my local dive club are couples, yes, it can be expensive but it does give you a whole new world to explore together both at home and on holiday.
  10. I was once told that I should be working in a school beacuse of my desire to make a difference. I said that the reason was because they pay my wages. That did not go down well.
  11. Maybe, as with a lot of school jobs, they feel that money should not be the motivation for applying.
  12. We have 2 westies (brothers) from the Westie Rescue people in Swindon. We went on a reunion day back last year where there were over a hundred rehomed westies all parading round collecting their rosettes. They do some fantastic work there and our two dogs (Jack + Teddy) have been amazing little dogs from day one. Jack loves to watch TV and barks at the other animals when they come on, whereas Teddy is just happy to lie on his back and have lots of fuss.
  13. I don't think that's a LA rule. I think you'll find it's the law ... the school placed the order and paid for the goods, therefore any gratuities are the property of the school. Things such as games consoles, footy tickets and such like should be given to the PFA to raise funds or can be sold off and the money returned to school funds. We once recieved a huge radio controlled car as a thank you for an order. Unfortunately the company concerned included it on an invoice (at £0.00). When the auditors checked the invices, they demanded to know where the car was and insisted that it be given over to the SLT to be used as a fund raiser.
  14. Except they are niether linesmen or lineswomen, they are assistant referees and I think that the title has nothing to do with being politically correct.
  15. For all of you women who DON'T understand the offside rule. here you go ... (I used this to explain to a female friend of mine. She found it both funny and informative)
  16. I think there are one or two of us on here. I went last November, Had a good weekend although the weather was cold (but so was the beer ... lol)
  17. But it says he did save the penalty. If he hadn't the score would have been 2-2. EDIT ... ok, just read the match report, he DIDN'T save the penalty, so the line saying he did under the pic is wrong.
  18. unfortunately mine is still there and still as crap as it ever was using F9's quick template ... SN2000 Homepage
  19. Chillax ... I HATE that word.
  20. EMBC insisted on getting a bespoke gatekeeper installed which never worked. So we were stuck with kit that never got used.
  21. Yep. I would agree with this. LSC funded a whole heap of VC kit, whiteboard, TV etc. Then turned out that as it was IP based it wouldn't work outside of the EMBC so the schools that had it could only talk to each other!
  22. I don't know how much difference there is between version 6 and 6.2 However, I just used the msi on the CD ... created a folder and ini file, copied the msi into it, updated the package list. I created a custom registry file with the server, serial number etc in and applied that via the RMMC. I just had to build a seperate package for the "essentials".
  23. I had the 3.5 V8 version of the SD1 ... a beautifull car. Also had a few P6s as well. That was when Rover made proper cars.
  24. No but you should be around at 1102 on the 11-11-2011
  25. Brilliant bit of kit. I had one 15 or so years ago. I put a Ford V6 in mine along with some Vauxhall Carlton front seats and painted it black, white, grey and flourescent pink camouflage. Great fun.
×
×
  • Create New...