Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. The next few weeks do start to get tougher, however, they get there gradually so it's nothing that you can't do, working up to it gradually so you barely notice between the end of one week and the beginning of the next. I followed that up with the Bridge to 10k program which I've had to restart as I injured my Achilles. I too am looking forward to the lighter nights as I find treadmill running really boring although the gym is handy for doing 10k on the bike after my 5k run
  2. Aha, looks like I timed it right then
  3. What time was that? I was heading to SBE and it was fairly clear at around 8-50.
  4. I had the journey through MK and it wasn't too bad, where I suffered was the Bedford to Newport Pagnell road where someone decided they couldn't possibly do more than 25 miles an hour on what was basically a clear road (with the odd bit of slush) !!
  5. Yes, it does matter. If they can't be bothered to check their spelling and grammar then don't expect any effort from me.
  6. iPhone 5s with O2, unlimited calls + Texts, 500mb data ... £17 tariff + £25 for the phone. Up for renewal in November, can't see me needing to change the phone so will just look at getting the costs reduced.
  7. I'll second that. We recently bought a nearly new sofa from the Heart Foundation shop for a fraction of what it would have cost us new.
  8. Remote desktop to your forest root.
  9. I was able to get in on mine and the account statement page showed all the correct entries. There were one or two lines of code showing especially in the ads on the RHS.
  10. Much tidier than it was when I got there Nice to say hi to a few people and of course to pick up the pin badge and the latest lanyard.
  11. Nooooo, it's a trap.
  12. Nothing here. Let's hope it stays that way.
  13. Ofsted called ... still going though
  14. Can anyone recommend somewhere close by to grab a beer at lunchtime?
  15. New badge printed ...
  16. Mmmmmm, biskwits
  17. Forgive me but I'm struggling to work out how she's not responsible for lying about her age (to get on to the website initially and then again to the person she was taking to), and then isn't responsible for having an explicit conversation with him and then isn't responsible for sending naked pictures of herself to him.
  18. I believe something like Airwatch (from what I've seen of it) would have provided just such as system of control as is required here.
  19. My avatar is tattooed onto my shoulder so maybe I should wear some off the shoulder number
  20. If you fancy something different, you could get off the tube at North Greenwich and then get the cable car across the Thames, then it's a short walk to the Excel Centre, on a good day the views are great.
  21. Friday hopefully
  22. Congrats on signing up for the MK 10k. I did the 5k last year ... finished in 29:59 which really pleased me. I was aiming to do the 10 in March this year but unfortunately, family commitments in Cornwall have put a stop to that. It was quite a challenging run for me in the 5k where most, if not all, of my training had been along a flat disused railway line in Newport Pagnell, so I was totally unprepared for the hills, some of which are the ramps up and down to subways and bridges and they kind of knocked me for six a bit so make sure you're prepared for this as the 10k will be no different, just more of them!
  23. Just found this. £85 ish for a one day workshop, held across the UK ... DSLR Photography Courses, Compact System Cameras, Bridge, Superzoom
  24. Just reviving this thread. I've read through it and found some interesting tips as well as useful books. I've just bought a second hand Nikon D80 and am about to embark on another expensive hobby (having just given up scuba diving!!). I went to our local camera club this week and there was a talk on Photoshop. by Ken Payne, he has a website with some useful videos on, he also has a YouTube channel. Photoshop Tutorials
  25. Congrats on starting the C25K, you might want to look at the Bridge To 10k as your next step after the 5k finishes ... very similar, interval training building up to a 10k target. I'm not really enjoying the treadmill if I'm honest. I find it boring. I much preferred the road running I did for my C25K. Having moved areas, I only really have the local park to run in and that isn't really that safe after dark ... a teenage girl recently got beaten to the floor and had her trainers stolen !!! So, I'm stuck at the gym until the lighter nights get here
×
×
  • Create New...