Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

HarryMonkey

Members
  • Posts

    3,858
  • Joined

Everything posted by HarryMonkey

  1. 2meg broadband ... can you really see how that will be a success wanting to watch the FA cup final in HD along with the rest of the street/village all contending down the same pipe. Why would anyone want to pay for bb, and line rental that they may not want and then have to pay for each tv program when all they have to pay for now is the licence fee?
  2. I'm sure there are many people in rural and remote areas with the barest of Internet connectivity would disagree completely as well as those who can't afford or simply don't want connectivity.
  3. And what sort of person would that be then?
  4. I gathered that. You're already taking regular exercise so joining a gym isn't always the answer, whereas small gradual changes in diet can work wonders. We're all guilty of chucking the odd pizza in the oven or heading off to KFC and that's fine once in a while. My new partner is diabetic and has to be careful what she eats which means she makes me be careful too. It's already making a difference and I'm sure that once the salad season starts it will be even better
  5. You don't need self confidence to sort out your diet, just a commitment to getting healthy. Your exercise will be far more beneficial when coupled with a better diet. Don't get rid of bread all together, just eat less of it and find healthier options.
  6. Go to the gym on the way home from work rather than getting home and sitting down or go for a run in the park when you get in. Staying healthy is all about making a lifestyle choice and sticking with it. Factor in regular exercise as well as doing little bits throughout the day. Spend less time in front of the screen when you get home and more time out in the fresh air. Have a look at the Couch to 5k program. (If only I had a pound for every time I've recommended that)
  7. White and gold over here.
  8. I seem to recall installing the original software on a (clean?) workstation. Create a package manually ... create folder "WJEC Client 1.0.0.0" or somesuch. From the station that you installed the software on copy the folder that it installed (SecureAssess Local - SecureClient WJEC) into the package file, create a package ini file in your package folder with the installer as "install.cmd" The install.cmd contains the lines ... @echo Off copy /Y "SecureAssess Local - SecureClient WJEC" "%programfiles%\*.*" Assign to a workstation and test.
  9. I think they vary. If you google the model number I'm sure it will tell you.
  10. Storage Hunters is on Dave which is not one of the free channels. EDIT: My mistake, it's on Freeview just not on the Sky free channels.
  11. So that's 5 hours a week that you're giving them as unpaid work. That's 260 hours a year, nearly two months that you're working for nothing!!! You're legally entitled to a break, if they say it's a n hour then take it.
  12. The bonus link above works though ... extra 100Gb for one year by linking your dropbox account.
  13. Aaah, yes of course. How silly of me ;-)
  14. Simply typing the word porn into the search brings up a porn feed to follow, I'm sure the little cherubs would cotton on to this straight away if it wasn't blocked.
  15. The Theory Of Everything. Possibly one of the best films I've ever seen.
  16. Better to have a couple of hours off work than points on your licence through illegal tyres (3pts per tyre), or worse, not being able to stop on a wet road. To be honest, you never should have accepted the car in the first place. I've been lucky, the last time I had to get a hire car, it was all handled by the other driver's insurance company (LV, I think), the hire car company phoned me the day before they were delivering it to check the address and to apologise as the only car they had in my class of vehicle (Mondeo or similar) was an Audi A4 convertible ... I was gutted lol !!
  17. I bought one for my ex a few years ago after she wouldn't stop going on about it. As far as I'm aware, it has never been used.
  18. Not quite a street name but it always amuses me that Everton FC deliberately named a shop " Everton Two" in a shopping mall called Liverpool One, so that address reads Everton two, Liverpool One.
  19. You are almost right (I'm a former resident of Towcester), the road is actually Graham Hill Road. It's called the Shires estate although I'm not sure why given that all the street names are associated with motor racing.
  20. These are pics of my V reg Mondeo that was written off a couple of years ago when someone pulled out in front of me ... beyond economic repair despite only having a cracked bumper. Their insurance company made me an offer (£600) which I refused, they eventually upped it to £850 (minus the 10% salvage fee that they charged me) and sent a letter saying that they had no further interest in the vehicle and I was free to do with it what I wished. so I then put it up on ebay and sold it as seen with damage to the bumper for a similar amount. You might not be so lucky, they may keep the car or they may let you keep it in which case you can ebay it for a few more pounds in your pocket.
  21. From my experiences of NGH, I wouldn't want to send my worst enemy there let alone family or friends!
  22. It has! For those occasions where brevity is key then I don't mind trying to decipher someone's cryptic abbreviations. However, the need to condense everything into 140 characters is the exception rather than the norm and therefore I expect to see correct spelling and grammar when I am being asked to read some form of advertising or marketing material. The same when reading articles on the web or even posts in a forum. Dyslexia and other similar conditions are a problem for some people and I accept that but that's no excuse for everyone else.
  23. I don't mind running in the dark and was happy to do so when I was in MK, since moving though, my local park is not somewhere I would like to run after dark ... a 15yo girl was bundled to the floor by two adults and had her trainers stolen off her feet recently so it's not the place I would want to be after dark.
×
×
  • Create New...