-
Posts
352 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by solitaire89
-
Ringtone: Ring Ring (Mika) - but it's going to have to be changed soon, as it's getting annoying! Message: Psycho. We were waiting for customer services in M&S one day when suddenly there was this huge loud rendition of said "music"! A bit later on we were walking round the store, and the phone owner said he'd noticed that we'd been killiing ourselves laughing, so he offered to send it to us! Jumped at that one
-
@36Degrees: Does that mean you're signing up for my study then?! Cool - so we're up to 3 subjects then!
-
@Tyiell - you want the students to see you like that?! I'm sensing another scientific abstract that needs further investigation here - does listening to Placebo increase your beer intake? Further subjects required!
-
Me - I'm a science tech as well
-
thought you'd be the first to sign up. There is always the possibility that you could be chosen for the placebo group though
-
In light of this new evidence, I propose that we start a scientific study on the quantity of Tequila consumed and the level of police presence. I'm looking for some willing test subjects
-
Only if I can find someone to carry me; however: You are right - where's my husband when I need him!
-
hmmmm - ok, back to plan A. *goes out to street to beg a passing nice strong man to carry her home...
-
Problem solved - remove tights (not meant in any dubious way, before someone takes it the wrong way ) et voila - no laddered tights!
-
Just stay in the pub?! Again, do I have to think of everything?! Sadly not, on the top floor! And I'm not convinced that crawling back along a main road would be entirely a good idea - I'd ladder my tights
-
I'm only just up the road from my place too, so I always walk home for lunch. Please note, the operative word there - WALK! I don't want to come back swaying!
-
I'd be working with animals given half the chance, but as someone said, the pay is not good at all.
-
Very! But then, that's how I like them Oban - I have tried it; it's nice, but given a choice... Now, Gin Martini, mixed properly - that's another good one. STOP IT ALL OF YOU! Or I shall go home at lunch, and not be coming back in a straight line
-
The best single malt - Bowmore. Can't beat it! Mmmmmmmmmmmm
-
Only just seen this - does he want one now?!
-
Gees - when mothers could stay at home with their kids - I knew I was born in the wrong era!
-
I think that frequently! Not just about phones and computers, but like the fact that the likes of my Grandmother (well, her family) didn't have a fridge as a child... I don't think of the fridge as something recent, but I suppose it is in the grand scheme of things!
-
The first mobile phone I remember was like a proper telephone - i.e. with a cradle and a curly wire etc - you get the picture. It took ages to charge, and then would only last 10 mins or so.... That was the "office mobile phone", in my Dad's office! What a flash back, with typewriters and no computers - wow! I would only have been like 8...
-
Haha - hadn't got that far down the page
-
I've just had 2 of these dumped on my desk! Compaq I Portable computer They're not exactly the same, but that's what they look like on the surface of it... Very large paperweight anyone?
-
Only problem is I don't know at this point exactly what I need!!!!! I'll find out Yay!
-
You have typewriter ribbons? I may be in touch shortly!
-
Just had a great one... VIth Form girl comes to office, bright red, and her mate asks if I can help her, as the aforementioned red faced girl goes even redder and protests loudly - "you can't ask her!!!" me: "Depends on the problem" Girl: "I can't get my belly button bar out, and wanted to know if you'd have any ideas" I've never laughed so much!
-
That's why I suggested blocking without saying anything. You'd only block the sites at some other point, why not just do it there and then... Obviously if the "treasures" don't take the hint and cause damage, then it's a different matter. I think that as staff we do have a certain amount of responsibility for the behaviour of the kids. If something can be done with no fuss (such as sticking a childproof stop in the electricity socket, to take the previous example given), then get on and do it!
