Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

solitaire89

Members
  • Posts

    352
  • Joined

Everything posted by solitaire89

  1. Hehe, you are right! Well, at least I can take comfort in the fantastic "Heath Robinson-ness" of my wireless point shoved up a tailor's dummy in a corridor!
  2. don't I know it, but it's that or nothing
  3. I've just had it landed on me that SMT want the game projected in the hall when our kids get back from sports day. Only problem is that we didn't actually have a working network connection in there (until about 10 mins ago - that's a long story involving the electrical supply for the wireless access point being fed from the light switches, which are obviously off in this glorious sun...). I'm dreading this - the only way to do it here is a wireless connection, and something like iPlayer. As someone said, it'll be my backside on the line if it fails! Does anyone know of any other live feeds if this one fails? (I'm guessing from the name that the catchup tv one is purely recorded, not live)
  4. Slightly off topic, but I bought a swimming costume from a sports shop the other day. When I went to try it on, turned to look in the mirror to check it, and saw that the CCTV camera points straight into the mirror of the changing cubicle! Funnily enough, I won't be trying anything on there again!
  5. In Science it's my responsibility, and I have an exercise book with a table in it - columns as follows: Returned (tick box at the beginning so it's easy to see what's outstanding) Apparatus (description) Number Department (loaned to, and name of staff/student) Date Out Date In in IT, the NM deals with it all - and he holds it all in his head! How he rememebers I'll never know, but things always get returned!
  6. Only if one of them is Bowmore
  7. I'd forgotten all about these guys - we all signed up here too ages ago... All teaching and support staff. And, like everyone else - nothing. I'm guessing it would have been about the beginning of 2009 ish, but don't quote me on it. Equally so, we've had nothing at all from them, no spam, no nothing. Curiouser and curiouser!
  8. It's a good job we're all different, life would be very dull if we were all the same
  9. I wasn't blaming the footballers, I was suggesting that the system was out of true - as people have said, it's not money coming from taxes etc, they're generating it, but it doesn't make it right. And I do resent the remark that I might feed off the gossip mags - I can't stand them... I have no wish to know who's diddling who, and who's had some balloons implanted into their chest thanks!
  10. I would have commented about the other "artists" mentioned above too, but this was a football related thread! I just feel that there are people in this world that do jobs that are more deserving of a salary of that nature.
  11. And I thought rugby was a game played by men with strange shaped balls....
  12. I seem to remember that there is something in law about not being able to fly either the Union Flag or the St George Cross on domestic residences, but I can't remember exactly what it is - And they'll certainly be breaking with flag etiquette which states that a flag should not fly at night unless it is specifically illumated, amongst a whole host of other protocol... I digress.
  13. Haha - I'd never thought of it quite like that, but you are right! I'm just glad that my man is a "real man" that doesn't feel the need to look at men in shorts My home is a football free place. Thinking of advertising in our local paper as a football free zone - £50 entry
  14. I'm with the football haters - I cannot see the point in a group of grown men kicking a bag of wind around. Then there's the fact that all normal life MUST stop because there's a game on. Oh, and don't even get me started on the inordinate money that they get paid for looking like a prat - anyone else up for recommending that the likes of the firemen and women get paid that amount instead of footballers?
  15. I knew it! My sister's roped me into running the race for life, and I always feel really sick after we've done the requisit 3 mile run - but this evidence is just too compelling for my liking. I'm not going again! P.S. Anyone want to sponsor me?! I'm running it as a bunny girl!
  16. Is that @ me?! If you mean about the projector bulb, I'm not surprised, just peeved! Oh well, at least I know it's gone now!
  17. I want one!!!!
  18. Because the lady in question is around 80 years old, and has only just got her head around the idea the blackboards don't exist anymore, let alone the notion of a board that you don't actually use pens on... she's one of our very long established extra-curricular tutors I just feel so sorry for her - she's mortified! On the plus side - thanks for the info Creese, it's all gone now - not a mark to be seen. But want to know what really is annoying about this whole thing? I rush down to placate the teacher and remove it, only to be told that the projector bulb has gone, and has been gone for a while...
  19. Thank you - I'd just got visions of the aforementioned member of staff covering the whole board in the same pen, and trying to remove the whole damn lot
  20. Thanks for that, but it's not a permanent marker though... I think I'm coming down on the IPA to get it off, not having any of the board doctor stufff...
  21. ... Are never a good mix. Someone has gone and written a message on one of our Smartboards with a non-permanant whiteboard marker (I do feel sorry for her, she didn't realise it was anything other than an ordinary whiteboard, and she's really upset). The majority of it has come off, but it's smudged and you can still see the writing. If it was an ordinary whiteboard I'd crack open the ethanol early, but seeing as it's not, I'm hesitating somewhat. One member of staff has suggested standard whiteboard cleaning wipes, but I don't find they work too well in ordinary circumstances. Does anyone have any tried and tested ideas? Many thanks
  22. I won't make any suggestions as to what you should do at this juncture - I don't have the full picture, and there may be truth in what clareq says. I just wanted to say that you're in all our thoughts at the moment. Look after yourself so that you can make the right decisions.
  23. well it's still creeping, so I'll let you know!
  24. yip - the server is going nuts! I can't quite believe that it is still running. But hey ho, it'll take the thing to fall over before they even consider doing anything. I've told them, and they have it in writing that its a disaster waiting to happen...
  25. well we're running at 32oC (89.6oF) in the server room at the moment, and at about 30oC in the main ICT suite. We don't have aircon, despite my requests. How long do we give it before it keels - the book is now open!
×
×
  • Create New...