Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

solitaire89

Members
  • Posts

    352
  • Joined

Everything posted by solitaire89

  1. This really got to me! I don't have a car, and in Feb when all the roads had been gritted, and all the cars were having no problems getting around, I was still sliding around and falling on my backside! And yet, when the school was closed middle of the day, I was the one that had to stay behind with kids that couldn't be collected because I was walking not driving!!
  2. Thanks for the replies! @Alan-d - thanks! That's the sort of thing I was after @Rad - Does that cause problems at all? Not having regular sight of the machine? @Fedora_explorer - I mean that the AUP doesn't mention the kit on loan, not the contract that I've got to look at. Sorry if I didn't make that clear! The sheet that you describe sounds like the sort of thing we'd need to include Thanks!
  3. I have been asked to look into what other schools do when they issue staff with laptops in terms of documentation, and then write a "contract" that the member of staff should sign. Understandably, there should be a document which the staff should sign which states things like the laptop being subject to "recall" at any time for modification/regular maintenance etc, but they want this to be a seperate document from the AUP, which contains nothing about kit issued. Does anyone have a sample they would be willing to share here, even if it's a part of their AUP, it would be greatly appreciated!
  4. ladybird leopard spot the dog - Sorry, GREED got there first gloucestershire old spot ...
  5. We got to that stage, and thought that having got that far we might as well stay up for the last 2 miners. I couldn't hold out for the rescuers though, and we turned in at 2:35am. It was amazing to see, I just can't believe how smoothly it all went! Shattered now, and trying to get enough coffee down me to function!
  6. I couldn't stay awake that long, we gave out at 1:15am ish, and set the video!
  7. DARN YOU, ART DEPT! I missed that, all because the art machine just threw a wobbly!
  8. got it running in small screen on my work machine - BBC live coverage. Just missed a bit whilst I walked home and back for lunch. Just heard a someone here say that the side of the tunnel is wearing though? Anyone heard that? I certainly haven't! What amazes me is their reactions when they're being let out!
  9. I really could do with some help here, I have our most senior leader/owner of the company that owns our school sitting in the head's office. He has a Mac, and I know nothing about the things at all. We have an IntY ExoServer that deals with all of our internet/mail access. He is connecting to our network using wireless. Normally when he turns up, it's just a case of sling him the wireless key, and then when he tries to access the internet Inty complains that access is denied due to not be authenticated, and gives the option of connecting using the Java connection manager. Only this time I'm not getting that option. I don't get the page even displaying that tells me I'm not authenticated. I've set the IP manually (that was fun, considereing that the laptop is also in spanish, just to add to it), so I know that's right. It's connected to the wireless as far as I can see. I mean, how the devil am I supposed to find a solution when the whole thing is in another language, I don't use a Mac, and the user doesn't understand what I'm looking for to point me in the right direction for the settings! I've logged a call with IntY, but they're saying 10 hours min response and it's my backside on the line. Please help!
  10. I have a scar on my arm from where I was 'got' by a lion. When playing football with a lion, if it wants the ball its a good idea to let it have the ball... It was only a youngster, but geez did I know about it. It sank its teeth into my backside, and it claws into the top of my arm It was quite a sad story really. The cub had been bought on the black market, and was siezed by the powers that be. But it had only known being brought up by humans, so it knew nothing about "being a lion", and would play like a kitten would. We had to start to wean it off human contact; it was just getting too big to play like that anymore. I often wonder where he got to in the world.
  11. Obviously the science one... Biology to be precise!
  12. As a sci tech as well as ict tech, I don't think this is really a vaild comparison. With my science hat on, my risk assessment for that demo says go ahead, with care. Select your student carefully (if you're going to use either their hands, or to get them to light your hands) and manage your environment etc. With my ICT hat on, my risk assessment for asking people I've not met before to beat the filters says don't go there.
  13. Could well be, he definitly said laburnam, but seeing as that's drawing a blank, I'll take any answer! So, let's re-phrase the question, anyone use it and anyone got anything to say about Liberum?! That over Spiceworks? Spiceworks over that?
  14. Hope I've got the right section - anyone heard of or use Laburnam helpdesk software. Have been looking at Spiceworks (with mixed success I have to say, but haven't had a chance to look into the issues properly), but the NM has now announced that we are having this Laburnam hoojit. I have no idea on this one at all - don't know if it's spelt right, have tried googling with no success, and can't seem to find any mention of it at all on here. Help?!
  15. At the moment we've got access to a VW Passat BlueMotion (the 2 litre diesel version), which despite being a big bertha goes like poo off a shovel! I know people will shout me down, but it easily was on a par with the BMW 525 petrol I had the privilage to drive recently. And it came as quite a shock when I got into my Mother's BMW 116, and I had need to "put one's foot down" to get out the way of a nutcase (ok, so it was a nutcase in a police car with blues and twos blazing...), and IT DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE! So I'd go for the bigger engine given half the chance, but that is a want not a need, especially considering that I don't own a car at all! Oh, and the Passat also has the added benefit of averaging 75mpg on the motorway
  16. Poor bloke, being exposed to the muck that is obviously be blown out of the extractors - it's coloured the wall above black, just think what it's doing to his lungs! He should have been given some respiratory gear... that's just shocking.
  17. Sci Tech hat on now... Yip, ethanol or propanone (acetone). Use cotton wool and gloves! Oh, and as usual, test on an inconspicuous area of board first, just in case, especially as I don't know what your board is made from And don't smoke, or be tempted to drink the ethanol.
  18. I could learn not to like you!
  19. My old school - now my workplace... And yes, it still smells the same!
  20. OH has had to replace his backpack, so we're using that as an excuse to go out on a "dry run" before our trip to the Lakes... Can't wait! Just come back from 4 days "backpacking" round the Cornish coastal path - 50 miles in 4 days carrying everything (entirely self sufficient), and jeez, do I was I was back out there!
  21. I'm not keen on the pear one though - my sister is... I much prefer the original one. Is this the point at which I admit to owning a top with the slogan: "It's Cornish, It's cider, and we both bite"
  22. Cornish Rattler - Mmmmmmmm......... Needing to come see you lot to stock up again this summer!
  23. Did they come with normal post? We sometimes have issues with other delivery companies not finding our front door... Just wondering if they've been left on the "doorstep"??
  24. I want mine! I'm going to cry!
×
×
  • Create New...