10101010
Members-
Posts
249 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by 10101010
-
chromecast - be aware though it doesn't accept proxy settings.
-
We have the e531 model, have you configured the lenovo touchpad software for them, it does improve the usability, ie speed of scrolling and restricting movement when typing etc.
-
I know the company pushing Aspen and I have nothing but excellent things to say about them, they helped me massively during a new build project a few years back. They know a good product when they see it, I thought maybe matt40k had experience of the product.in a live environment.
-
I too am now in tears of laughter
-
oh really - that bad is it, I can only say I have seen it advertised no experience of the product.
-
Have you considered Aspen?
-
Thanks mac_shinobi - yeah we always set bios up before imaging, fairly similar to what you do, accept we use pxe but not bit locker. 'Only option I have seen with regards to wireless devices within the BIOS is to ensure that Wireless radios and WiMax are on or off ( and you can set specific devices to be on / enabled or off / disabled, however this won't help with the issue you are having' Yep and this this is my problem, we set the wireless bios setting to ON, something intermittingly is switching it off again and the problem is hard to replicate. I think it could be a 'sleep' issue, the only time it appears to happen is when laptops are carried between lessons with the lid closed sending the laptop to sleep. I may try changing the power management to 'do nothing' when lid closed as a test. + just found a later driver on the intel website rather than lenovos - will try that too.
-
Nice guide, but everything you mention is OS related, I don't see anything that could influence the bios. Bios and driver up to date, I'll try using the lenovo wireless software to see if that improves things.
-
thanks for the link, but no sign of the switch setting.
-
Ok, turning the power saving mode on the wifi card off has made no difference, another one just lost it's bios wifi settings since making the change looks like it's time to ring lenovo
-
never bothered unticking that one before, but worth a go for sure, I'll see if it makes a difference.
-
when the bios setting is enabled we've had no wifi dropouts, infact I've been quite pleased with them, it's just for what ever reason something is triggering the laptop to change the bios wireless setting to off. There is no hard switch, only a software switch using F9, but we've tested that and it does nothing - it doesn't even turn the wireless off in windows. (Probably to do with our custom windows 7 build)
-
hi Recently purchased a number of Lenovo E530C laptops and installed windows 7 pro. We are randomly getting users losing their wifi connection. Upon investigation it's always the same problem - the wifi is being switching off in the bios. Once we re enable it everything is ok again. We have a Aruba network and the bios is on version 2.54 which is the latest version available, users are unable to access the bios. has anyone had a similar problem or know what might be causing it?
-
no the driver has not been previously mported and we obtained the latest drivers for two different models of laptops giving us the same error.
-
Hi Has anyone managed to succesfully import mass storage device drivers for Windows 7 into SCCMR2? We need them to allow new builds onto machnes with ssd's. Error attached. As a note - in our test sccm 2012 envronment the drivers import successfully, but we're not ready to implement 2012 just yet.
-
Have you spoken to google support directly, I've found them to be pretty good. You get free phone support for your edu license.
-
I have also been looking at these xps 10's, won't the forthcoming 8.1 release overcome the domain issue?
-
Couldn't afford clearpass - other pressing issues - so I dumped the trial idea in the end. Sixth Form still allowed to bring their own devices in, I have a Aruba 3600 controller with the additional PEF license to give a bit more control, hoping to revisit next financial.
-
ok thanks is discover supported on 2012?
-
Hi While I wait for SIMS to reset my password for their forums, I thought I'd post the question on here. I have a physical SIMS server running 2003r2 with full sql 2008 installed and the sims db hosted on it. How easy is it to upgrade the OS to 2008R2?
-
Wow with £70 cashback the Samsung ML-3710ND you can get them for £90 at the mo. Any feedback on how these printers are performing would be useful + has anyone tried compatibles in these printers or are you sticking with originals?
-
Vitesse plc
-
I know - they tell it's something they've worked on with Kyocera
-
hi I have a question for you all on mono printers At the moment I buy old refurbed hp laser printers and fix them in house where possible. A company have approached me with a managed print solution - this is the deal - they loan me Kyocera FS2100DN Initial upfront costs - I have to purchase from them two original toners (25,000 yield based on 5%) at £220.00 each After that I can then buy their remanufactured toners at £160 each same yield Any part replacements covered ie drum or fuser - no further cost Next day business for any repairs required - no further cost No fixed term agreement - I can stop anytime I want and the printers will be collected no leasing agreement No cost per page - you just buy the toners. Is anyone using a similar scheme at the moment?
-
Trying to add a HP1320N as a local TCPIP Printer
10101010 replied to 10101010's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
tried the factory reset, but will have a look for the app cheers.
