10101010
Members-
Posts
249 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by 10101010
-
the users are in a difference OU now - which doesn't help
-
got a how too doc or some reference on another site somewhere?
-
the users are in a difference OU now - which doesn't help
-
got a how too doc or some reference on another site somewhere?
-
Hi Previously on 2003 server I have used Taskpads combined with Delegate Control of an OU to allow teachers to reset passwords. We are now on 2008R2 and even though you can still delegate control easy enough there doesn't appear a way to create a customized view of AD (taskpad) so the user can only view the OU the have delegated control over. How are you giving access to password resets for specific OU's?
-
did you manage to get this resolved I now have this problem? (the mac problem that is)
- 1 reply
-
- error
- mac networking
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Completely removing any reference to libraries is a good starting point. (reg hack on another thread) Using folder redirection will also help. I have also used the user config GPO 'disable known folders' _ I've removed Savedgames, Links, MyMusic, Searches from view blocking Access to C:\ also via GPO
-
FSRM defo the easiest way to sort the problem.
-
there is a gpo setting that disables local startup folders. Have you looked at user config\admin templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\ 'Remove common Program groups from start menu' ?
-
we had trouble running reports - not sure if related check Access control been set to minimum or turned off in GPO security settings
-
found a great reg key that completely removes libraries (and one that adds them back if you ever need them) How to Enable or Disable the Libraries Feature in Windows 7 - How-To Geek (download link halfway down the page)
-
no - you are correct the tools are removed from login - if I ever get a complaint I shall consider reviewing the subject again.
-
It doesn't disable the tools I can give access to narrator, contrast, magnifier and on screen keyboard if required.
-
yeah found the takeown was needed - the easy of access button is no more!!
-
ok, I'll try with xcopy /C /H /R / Y and give it a go.
-
Help - I have created new authui.dll which has successfully removed the 'Ease of Access' options button in the bottom left hand of the windows 7 logon screen. Does anyone know how I could deploy the new file to already existing Windows 7 machines?
-
Hi Does anyone know of USB NIC with pxe support, apart from the Argon model which appears in a google search?
-
I have gone through the office 2010 adm policies and I can find no settings for disabling the following Office application Menu items. I have a copy of all the office 2010 controls and ID's, but I'm struggling to work out which ones are relevant to "grey out" the Menu item. I have managed to disable 'Add-ins' with custom id id 12308, but not the 2 below. 'Options' button under the 'File Menu' 'Tools' button on the 'Save as' prompt Any ideas welcome thank you...
-
Has anyone deployed office 2010 using SCCM yet? I have managed to deployt it OK, bu t so far been unable to get it to uninstall.
-
thanks all, actually a problem with connect.ini (local copy) - pointing to old intance. Sims redirect in place on old intance.
-
We are on the latest version of SIMS 7.128 after our recent upgrade to SQL 2008. If I reset a SIMS user password the user can change the password and login, however after a reboot they cannot use SIMS on ANY machine. The minute another SIMS user logs in logs and exits SIMS, anyone can log in with no problems. any ideas?
-
Hi - I'm fairly new to Macs 1. Users are unable to logon to a particular mac. I can remote on and login as local admin, however when I try and run Admitac in the directory utilities the application just hangs "not responding" Any ideas?
-
worked a treat
-
action="http://www.independence.co.uk/issues-online/login" method="post" name="logIn" target="_blank"> type="hidden" maxLength="19" value="*******" name="username"> type="hidden" value="1" name="process"> href="http://www.independence.co.uk/issues-online/login">Iss ues On-line Login It doesn't login it just takes me to login page, what am I doing wrong? (username and password ****** on purpose)
-
How much is your school spending on Printer Toner per annum ?
10101010 replied to 10101010's topic in How do you do....it?
i agree didnt really think it through...
