-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
WE use the Zebra P430i printer with card-five software, Had it well over 18 months. not had a fault with it yet. All supplies are bought from digitalid.co.uk We run it along side a product called inventry. I Print bar codes on them so scan can scan in and out. Saved us a fortune. NOt cheap initially but pays for itself.
-
I think its time to start to review procedures and satrt to get things on paper. I have all network documentation already. My concern is that if i ever left this role that staff would not know how to do certain thinsgs. If anyone has such a document i would be grateful if i could have look for ideas. i would like an 'ICT Technical Support Procedures Manual' If a new technician was to join i could give them this document and they would be able to get a feeling of how i wanted things to be done. Somethings i would like to include; to list a few ideas. Backup Procedure Naming Convention Procedure Creating User Procedure Helpdesk Procedure
-
I tried that as stated above.. Doesn't work with win 7. Used to be fine in xp
-
I'm experiencing very similar problems but using mandatory profiles. It takes a second login to get into gear. Oddly the printer seems to be there.. But it's not default and group policy results has no record of being succuessful nor failing.. I'm really at wits end with gpp for deploying printers.. Iv tried everything other than creating a new profile. I don't want to be doing that's it's a right pain. It's only happened since using win 7 I never seen this in xp. Hope someone could shed some light on this.
-
Another one here.. Called with a problem with impact and licensing last Wednesday... Was given the 'what's your telephone number an engineer will get back to you' line.. Needless to say I'm still waiting and the poor lady responsible for cashless catering, who has been very patient I must add, is starting to get pretty annoyed.. They think it's me not doing my bit.. I'm glad it's not just me then.. I suspect it the time of year and I bet loads of schools / education establishments have had it installed over summer..
-
Sorted it.. user config/admin tools/windows components/attachment manager. low risk security list add .lnk and .exe
-
Does anyone have an answer to this its driving me crazy
-
please someone help.. Over the summer i started to use WMI filteringfor different os's in particular for redirecting start menus. Previously we used man profiles and never got the open file security warning. Snce i have redirected start menus all users now get this warning when they open any shortcut from their start menu. I use namespaces for all shares too as this might be the reason for the issue. What i have tried. I hve tried adding both namespace and servername to the intranet zone of IE in GP I have tried allowing the *.ink to attament manager settings in GP I have tried running the logon script that adds my domain to the trusted list. Nothing works. Years ago i used this method for xp and it worked a treat. Windows 7 must handle it differently. If anyone could be of any help i would greatly appreciate it.
-
Indeed it does.. Thanks.. Works as expected.. Thanks Chris
-
So this allows the uer to automatically log in?? does this prevent themfrom deleting etc?
-
Thanks. I achieved this by exporting a user list from ad then using robycopy I then created a and for every user and set it to copy all work into a new documents folder. Got the robocopy commands if anyone wants them
-
I have just moved my database onto my new 2008r2 server running iis. I have added the php extension I have checked my settings over and over again and I just cannot get it to work. It returns an unknow user error. I'm wasting too much time on it now it just doesn't make sense I read all the posts on here about it and still no joy. Is there anyone running it on iis7 with ldap authentication. If so can I have a look at your config file. Thanks
-
I have decided to go with the sub folder option in the user documents What is the easist way to achieve this. There is a group policy option to prevent student saving to their root folder that i will apply. i want to create a folder called documents and then transfer all the work into that.
-
We have had windows 7 for over a year now and i have used file screening to prevent it being added. the problem you hae is that is slows login times down considerably. I guess that adding the file name column is the easiest way but we use mandatory profiles so staff will need to do this ebery time. Is there a setting for this in gp.
-
is thre a fix for this yet?? I had tried all gpo settings etc. What a nightmare.
-
I have created a new outlook form which works perfectly however i would like it to do a little more using scripting. I have check boxes for year groups, when of the check boxes is selected i would like it to auto populate teh cc field. Any iead?
-
I have narrowed it down to be a file within c:\windows\system32. If i exclude that it runs fine. I obviously dont want to do this I have tried excluding the obvious like spool and drivers but still the same issue.
-
The printer takes about 7 mins to add. The user opens up an application during the time of install and what would you know there are no printers installed. I'm using Kyocera mx drivers. Surprisingly the uni hp one is fine.
-
Anyone else had any issues with printer drivers issues in win 7. Some drivers are rather large admittedly, but i have found that this is not the issues sophos on access scanning is. I have tried everything, adding exclusions to folders etc but nothing speeds up the process only disabling on access. Any help would be much appreciated.
-
TS Gatesway connection lost/reconnecting issues
Liam replied to Liam's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Hmm that's what I thought.. I think in most cases it's router settings but of course whm things don't go right blame IT support. I'm confident its not my system. -
Recently staff are complainingthat remote access via ya gateway is becoming unusable. They claim that they keep losing connection randomly. Iv checked all event logs, checked idle settings on server, and everything seems fine. I work on it from my house every night without issues. I log on as a user that is having problems and again no issues. I'm confident it's got to be a problem on the end user end but it does make me worry. Any ideas on how I can better diagnose this? The users would have experienced this problem earlier wouldn't they its been installed over a year. Anyone experienced similar problems? Internally web used the same farm for thin clients with no issues so it's either a gateway problems or networking issue of the staff affected?
-
Hi all. I am reviewing the way I deploy printers to our terminal server user due to the slowness sometimes. At present we use a script that maps printers based on machine names. Works well but can be very slow at times. If I'm right in what I'm saying there is a 3 way process to this. 1. The job is rendered on the ts and sent to the client machine. 2. The client sends the job to the print server 3. The print server sends the job to the printer. Now my question. I plan to install a local printer to each of te thin client devices and use them as a local resource in the rdp session.bas we use paper cut as our print management solution I'm wondering if this will work correctly. Will paper it recognise that the job was created on a ts by joe blogs or will the locally logged in user show in paper cut. We use auto login that fires up an rdp session. So my guess is that when a user prints will it show as the local user or the user using the application in the session. Hard to explain. I will probably find out myself tomorrow but as I'm quite impatient I thought I'd ask on here first. Thanks
-
No I'm using group policy preferences. No logos scripts. Il try replace but as they are using man profiles I didn't think it would work
-
I used to use a custom adm for hiding drives that's worked very well but still had to use vbs to add them. I would like to be able to use gpp for everything but it's hit and miss. I do use it for printers though I had an issue with it initially that I resolved by creating an item that deletes all network printer onnections first. Works a treat now. I use shortcuts nd files through it too using item level targeting. It's just this bloody mapped drive issue. I use man profiles too. I could understand if I used roaming.
