-
Posts
922 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Liam
-
There is another gpo to hide the drive. THats just to prevent access
-
Sophos Central - Peripheral Control
Liam replied to ReverentCreature's topic in How do you do....it?
I have enforced this but a litttle more restrictive. I don't allow them use anything USB anymore. There are limitations. It's user based which can be a pain. We have one area we allow them that separate from our network. Long story but we had to create a user and allow that user as the USB device can change and I have not way to whitelist them in advance. I believe this may change though. It works well enough. -
[wds] MDT Task sequence error at the end of deployment
Liam replied to BarryChao's topic in O/S Deployment
No worries. We are always here to help. I remember I used ghost. Some years back now though using two floppy disks! -
[wds] MDT Task sequence error at the end of deployment
Liam replied to BarryChao's topic in O/S Deployment
To be honest you could just use mdt for the whole process to simplify things. Have you got any scripts running as part of the sequence? How are you referencing them? E.g the deployment share or sysvol? If you turn them off does it still happen? Does this happen on other models? -
[wds] MDT Task sequence error at the end of deployment
Liam replied to BarryChao's topic in O/S Deployment
I generally create my task sequence in mdt then sysprep and capture ready for wds. My only advice here is a process of elimination and just turn steps of the sequence off and keep retrying. Don't mean to teach you how to suck eggs- but have you tried googling the error? -
[wds] MDT Task sequence error at the end of deployment
Liam replied to BarryChao's topic in O/S Deployment
Why would you use wds then mdt? Surely the other way around? -
Enjoy! Not jealous at all!!
-
This has been covered in here quite a bit I think. I remember looking at something recently. I have also gone for a less is more approach. I keep everything named so that it's easy to identify- but generally most settings are just applied to pupils or staff. I generally seperate things like office settings or internet settings. From experience there is no real time saver by having less though just looks more manageable
-
No it's not really relevant is it? Oh well I'll have to put the server in cloud at additional expense!
-
Changing the sku didn't make any difference. It must be possible.
-
Did you have the basic vpn? I believe if I swap to a standard sku or an other alternative it will all work as I had planned. For the cost it's a joke it really is. I guess I'll have to put the server in the cloud
-
If someone can help I would be very appreciated. So I have created an azure vnet to host a domain controller. The idea is that it acts as a sync between sites and also as part of our DRP. So a bit of background. Site a : local school Site b: my school Site c: azure I have site a connected to c for domain replication I have site b connected to c for domain replication Ideally I would like site a to connect to site b using the routing in site c. Sort of cross premise routing. Has anyone achieved this? I think it's becuase I created a basic vpn that doesn't offer these features but before I recreate it all again i thought I would throw it out there. If you need any more info please let me know. In anticipation..... Liam
-
Pinging name or Ip?
-
Firewall on server?
-
Os ticket is customisable. I had my web guy change bits to colour code things like priorities and change columns etc. Ours looks cool now. Manage engine now offer theirnstandard service desk for free! It's very good.
-
Can password policies differ for staff & pupils?
Liam replied to klop's topic in How do you do....it?
I moved away from it a couple of years ago. It's alarming how often I would walk around and see a post it note stuck to their monitor labelled.. my password! It was certainly a welcome change for our staff. Nothing worse than teachers emailing me in the summer when they forgot what they changed it to either! Good job I don't forget my password hey! -
You will need to add the upn to the new domain. You can create mail flow rules to prevent students emailing groups yes. You may also want to prevent their creation. I use salamander for all of ad management including sims integration. They are absolutely first class.
- 1 reply
-
- office365
- office365 sharepoint
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Can password policies differ for staff & pupils?
Liam replied to klop's topic in How do you do....it?
Ms recommend having complexity requires and 8 characters now and actually not having them to change it all the time. That's what I do for our staff. -
I have the xml working perfectly now. Did take some work though. I used unc Paths back to their redirected start menu . Never fails
-
Remove / Hide "Network" from Explorer window
Liam replied to manamaga2512's topic in How do you do....it?
Yes it does work in 10. It will apply to everyone you specify when you target the gpo -
Remove / Hide "Network" from Explorer window
Liam replied to manamaga2512's topic in How do you do....it?
How to Remove “Network” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane? - AskVG this explians it -
Remove / Hide "Network" from Explorer window
Liam replied to manamaga2512's topic in How do you do....it?
Which os? -
I just add the feed on my pc, and then copy the files into their start menu redirection. Managed to add the icons too by changing the properties and copying the icons file to a central share. I do have them using Windows creds though so it just works really well for us. Again though it wouldn't work at the root. Had to sub folder them.
-
It doesn't like rdp files I have noticed. Have you tried them in a sub folder ?
-
[windows tablet] Start Layout Management
Liam replied to Drayton95's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
It depends on the version of your os. I'm not sure it's supported on that version to be honest.
