Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. ok this is the one, it got the point across. http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/41500/2005458361308043396_rs.jpg
  2. Another thing that just came up about this, and I ma not sure if its due to a recent update. If the run command is disabled then you cannot type in UNC paths to the servers. This also upsets PhotoStory, its a shame such a good program is so damn buggy.
  3. Wild stab in the dark here, try running scan disk. Also check logs for Read Write errors.
  4. Thumbs up from me.
  5. Honda Civic. Its blue, it has low miles on the clock and it starts every morning. Plus I only paid £500 for it. Happy days.
  6. This xmas, I had told my boss that I was planning to shut down the network over the holidays, including all servers. He then asked when I was going to restart the network. I gave the wrong answer, to which he replied that surely he could switch it all on and get it all up and running. I took home all copies of the keys to my office / server cupboard and told him I would come in a day early. I also showed him the dilbert cartoon, the one where the pointy haired boss says that because he doesn't understand what it is that Dilbert does, it cant be that difficult.
  7. Dont Forget to pay your FUEL DUTY! As tax evasion is really frowned apon.
  8. Try refreshing the desktop, if that works then you need a desktop refresh prog. But more likely you need to have the desktop jpg held locally on the client PC.
  9. I learned using the MS course. Then took lots of practice exams. There are firms out there who will sell you the actual exams and answers, which you can also download for free (this is cheating and is not the way to get your certification). The exams are dificult to start with, until you learn the way that they are structured. Then its a case of study hard and shell out the money for the exam. I took a month per exam working for 2 hours a day 4 days per week, slow but then again the knowledge has stuck. You can take the india route, but I cant see you retaining any knowledge after 7 weeks & 7 exams.
  10. Quick and dirty, to the tune of once in roal davids city, sort of. Once in the server room, Stood a lowly computer we assume, Where a Technician laid his dell server, In a rack to entomb: Software that was so bland and mild, Jesus Christ, its uncompiled. He came down to install, The network admin and Lord of all, And His shelter was a desk, Looking at girls who were burlesque : With the poor, and mean, and lowly, Lived on caffeine our engineer so weary. For He is our network guardian; Day by day, like us, He grew so drunken; He was embittered, down trodden, and vindictive, Tears and smiles, He managed to be so furtive. And He cares when we are watching you tube, As long as it is free of the dreaded boob.. And our eyes at last shall see Him, Through His own cheap Webcam; For that admin, so unhappy and overloaded, Health and safety always flouted: And He leads The children on, To the place where the back up has gone. And Finally it does install, But omg it does appall. For that Damn software, so bad and poor, Is up and running, praise to our savior: And He leaves to go on his way, All problems complete for another day.
  11. Its great, very fast on a modest PC too.
  12. Its nice, but I agree, for school I want to be able to save a program to use at a later date.
  13. http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/98e0eabaf5.gif Thats the one I think we were looking for.
  14. Having 3 days left to work till xmas, nice. having the police dog handlers visit this morning, cool. Being told to stay and take photos of the talk, Awesome. For a perfect day, all I really need is some ninjas to go and smack up some lusers.
  15. oki, c5600 is ok for 20k prints. It costs £300 to buy but costly if it high volume @ around £100 per 2K prints.
  16. http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48c0494bdf.gif On my wall. http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/a59243219d.gif Keeps me sane when dealing with Tiscali,
  17. http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/151caa357b.gif I'm sure you all get this in the mail, but still this one made me snort pepsi max over my monitor.
  18. Just because I work in a primary school does not mean I will resort to childish retorts. BTW my dads better than your dad.
  19. Aw come on, I hit the reply button seconds after you.
  20. Have you dvd reading software on the laptops? Also finalize the dvds, its an option on the recorder.
  21. Lock the task bar. That will stop them adding them.
  22. Set up the w32time service correctly. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042
  23. Thanks, thats the problem.
  24. Anyone else come across this? Offline files are configured for My Docs on the Laptops. Sometimes they disappear. So far it seems that it is linked to a connectivity issue. In that when I was shown a problem laptop, it would not show the correct shares for the server (even though reporting that it was connected to the network, wirelessly). However, I browsed to my personal computer, still no visible shares, then typed in a link to a known working share which worked. Then all of her my docs returned and so did the shares on the server. 8O This has been going on for a while now, any ideas as to why? It does seem that the Laptops are not showing offline files because they can see the share, but it appears to be empty so they show nothing. Does this make sense? :?
  25. I would deny access by changing the proxy settings to point somewhere that does not exist. Then block access to the settings In IE. All done by AD. You might be able to bypass this with a .reg file, but this depends on your setup.
×
×
  • Create New...