Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. I will be tracking down a copy tomorrow, if there's any around, else its off to amazon and next day delivery.
  2. Reformat it then run data recovery on it. This has worked for me in the past. The new fat table allows windows to access the drive and the file recovery software will scan it for files. Make sure you only do a quick format and keep the same file system though
  3. ICT_GUY

    GTA IV

    Giggity, giggity, giggity, giggity!
  4. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    128K wow, that would be a good night on Tiscali 8meg super fast broadband.
  5. ICT_GUY

    GTA IV

    LMFAO Wheres that damn thanks button gone?
  6. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    Worlds Worst ISP and so it starts, this website will be popping up all over the place, on any free webhost I can find. Its juvenile, but therapeutic.
  7. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    WHAT ISP! WANT! NOW! :0
  8. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    I was downloading Nvidia drivers last night to do a real world test of my 8meg broadband. Using the excellent FDM (free download manager) which uses mirrors and segmenting. This is the one seen in the video. 25KB a second. I could cry, its totally unusable, even Fark takes ages to load. Once again this am its up above 500KB. Tiscali is the Devils own ISP.
  9. ICT_GUY

    GTA IV

    ...you're not how much money you've got in the bank. You're not your job. You're not your family, and you're not who you tell yourself.... You're not your name.... You're not your problems.... You're not your age.... You are not your console.
  10. http://www.clearly-av.co.uk/images/pdf/manuals/EXT-VGA-141SR.pdf ePanorama.net :: View topic - Hp L1702 Monitor SuperVGA monitor wiring
  11. ICT_GUY

    GTA IV

    There's always Larceny.
  12. I have been spending a fair bit of time with a vista laptop for a family member this week. There are a couple of things I like (like the replacement for the run button). But on the whole I have to say what an utter pile of sh*t, and I really mean that. Its slow, clunky, annoying, impedes even simple tasks, and generally runs like crap. Constant dialogue boxes for even simple tasks take the p£"£, fighting with it to gain access to resorces that I know are "open". arghhh Not a step forward by any measure. Oh dear.
  13. ICT_GUY

    GTA IV

    Anyone bought their xbox to work today? Or become ill with a mystery illness?
  14. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    thats crazy talk, thats barley enough money to run their support center for 3 months!
  15. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    Is why I have already drafted the paper work for the small claims court. I don't mind doing the court thing, and it cost them £30 a pop, and they cannot win, not with six months of evidence on my side.
  16. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    Wife, maternity leave, no money, big mistake (no not the pregnant wife).
  17. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    I have had the phone droids put the phone down on me several times because I pick holes in their arguments. One conversation went. Droid :Your network is at fault. Meh : Its a plain Vanilla cat 5 network and I am a MCP. What exactly do you think I have got wrong? Droid : Do you have wireless? Meh : Yes. Droid : Someone is stealing your bandwidth! Check your security. Meh. : Its Tkip with mac address filtering. Droid : mutters and puts the phone down. I kid you not.
  18. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    Worse yet, they have even told BT that we can only have a 2MBs line. So thats what the computer tells any phone jockey who "does a line test (looks it up on the BT broad band checker)". You can check any number in our road and be told 6Meg, check our number you get told 2meg, arghhhhh! Going back to BT ASAP.
  19. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    No they do not, we go round and round and round in circles. I am going to claim through the small claims court for breach of contract, to terminate the contract and get my money back.
  20. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    At my wits end. This is desperation. YouTube - Tiscali Missinformation lies and videotape.
  21. Brand new, branded with three years warranty, £102. dabs.com - HannsG 19" Widescreen TFT Monitor (HW191D) 22" Branded £137 dabs.com - ViewSonic 20IN LCD WIDE 1680X1050 5MS VA2016W 2000:1 (VA2016W) 19" in the high street costs around £100. So £55 - 65 tops.
  22. Is why my job title is technician, even though I asked for Network Admin as job title.
  23. We had this problem, I'm trying to rack my brains at the moment. I believe its to do with the default handling of jpegs. Though I did fix it, it works fine on our network with 2003 and IE7. Can you post the error message to jog my memory.
  24. 2 x servers, 55PCs (going to be near 100 soon) Website General jobs. Term Time only. 27.5hrs a week over 12K. Its why I smile lots.
  25. I go for Miller Time. YouTube - It's Miller Time
×
×
  • Create New...