-
Posts
2,543 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ICT_GUY
-
Try the dos switch tree /a to use acsii instead of extended characters. Also load it into word and to a search replace.
-
Bailiffs and debt collectors : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits It says what they can and cannot do. Dont leave your windows open btw. Also phone the local court and talk to the local ballifs directly. Debt collection agencies are a different matter, you may also find it difficult to get credit.
-
I also want the one that says, Leave me alone or I will replace you with a really small shell script
-
Nice, I want the "I read your email" Shirt, that will upset just about everyone.
-
That note book has a good spec too, those medion laptops are big, heavy and seem to last.
-
You can parse most dos output to a text file with the >anyname.txt switch. Such as dir >output.txt
-
What sort of software? You say audio and video, but what does it do? If its something I can use, I will test it for you, and also break it in many ways
-
Do it from DOS! tree - visual directory structure You often need to take prints of your physical directory structure but XP has no simple "visual" commands for printing directory contents. Here, try the Tree DOS command and redirect the output to a text file. tree > mydirectory.txt print mydirectory.txt
-
So is it going to kill anything?
-
Register for the May '08 Conference
ICT_GUY replied to Ric_'s topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Just looked at the directions, a bit far from my end of dorset. I like curry, I like free curry even more. -
Ok I bought this last night on impulse. Asda had one last copy, £37! This other half is now upset, she got to watch zip on TV last night and had to sit through hours of "did you see that?" and "wow". Its a life sucking game, its so huge. I can see why everyone is raving about it.
-
T shirt, or shirt, black jeans or karkis. Its too hot in my room for much else and ties and me don't mix well.
-
Microsoft Word automatically replaces certain words
ICT_GUY replied to dgsmith's topic in Office Software
Now thats the sort of funny I like. A genuine clbuttic use of auto correct going the wrong way. -
MS stock price goes up? Yahoos goes through the floor?
-
Anyone tried dx10 for xp? Download DirectX 10 for Windows XP from Alky Project
-
I made the front page of OfcomWatch yesterday. W00t! http://b.imagehost.org/0656/ofcomwatch.jpg
-
We even get £45 for a refering someone else to the service. If you PM me your details then I will make sure you get your £45.
-
Blue, just because I so annoyed with Labour. Usually don't bother, simply because I dont lke any of the parties on offer.
-
4 day weekend for me! Yay. I also Just bought a 8800GT from ebuyer for £111 (512MB), I also paid a little extra to get it tomorrow morning. Pay days are great aren’t they?
-
Attacking it from a different angle, but I cant see a problem with that. I shall let you know if it works. Thanks.
-
We have a PC running a power point is kiosk mode, this works fine. I did hear that there was a way to automate running several power points (not just one after the other) in such a way that you could specify which ones ran at what time. So that I could have one running during break, another during the beginning on school and the end of school. Is this something anyone has, or knows about.
-
http://b.imagehost.org/0627/broken_image.jpg Rebuilds!
-
The reg has more info. MS pulls plugs on XP SP3 mass launch Microsoft has pulled the general release of Windows XP service pack three (SP3) at the eleventh hour, blaming a “compatibility issue” for the cock-up. The software giant said late yesterday it was suspending mass download of the long-awaited service pack while it investigates the problem between its point-of-sale app – Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) – and both XP SP3 and Vista SP1. It said in an email that the update, which was released to manufacturing and volume licensing customers a week ago and was supposed to be generally available from yesterday, will not be pumped out to the masses via its Windows Update (WU) website as planned until the company fixes the bug. However, the firm hasn’t pinpointed when XP SP3 will be available, much to the chagrin of Vista-shy customers who have been patiently waiting for the update to land. “In the last few days, we have uncovered a compatibility issue between Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) and both Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)," said the firm. "In order to make sure customers have the best possible experience, we have decided to delay releasing Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) to the web.” It also said that filtering would be put in place “shortly” to prevent WU spitting out both service packs to systems running Dynamics RMS. Once that tweak has been made, XP SP3 will be made available online. Microsoft added that customers running its point-of-sale app, which is used mainly by small to medium-sized retailers, should swerve installing the service packs on either OS until a fix has been provided. Redmond pushed back the release date of XP’s final service pack several times, and was supposed to be withdrawing sales of the operating system from the market at the end of June. But earlier this month Microsoft, in a somewhat embarrassing U-turn that suggested the firm was pricking up its ears and listening to unfavourable customer feedback about Vista, said it would continue to sell Windows XP Home for bargain basement PCs beyond its scheduled 30 June kill-date . Just last week Microsoft boss Steve Ballmer hinted that XP could be reprieved from end-of-life if enough customers demand it. ®
-
I cant stop calling expresso (the content delivery package) "hot coffee", one day someones going to twig.
-
Had another phone droid last night. Droid : Can I confirm your dsl is working correctly. ME : Not at 12kps you cant. Droid : Well I can confirm your line only supports a maximum of 2mbs Me : except in the morning when I can download at 6.5Megs, and (insert spiel on line quality). And besides 12kps is no where near even the most basic broadband, thats dial up speeds. Droid : I will get BT to check the line again. Me : Why the line quality is fine, theres not a problem with the connection between here and and the exchange which is only a mile away. The problem is with the amount of bandwidth you have for you customers in this area. Droid : Mumbles, hangs up. You can repaet the above conversation until you get board, I have had over 40 "line checks" so far. I will post the letter before action later when its finished.
