Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. Problems we have had look to down to large profiles and faulty desktop and start menu shortcuts.
  2. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    Change to bottom of the letter. I expect for this matter to be resolved in full by no latter than 7 working days from receipt of this letter, including payment for the following. Cost of this letter to sort out the problems with your billing and cancellation departments in accordance with the supply of goods act 1982, charged at £12. Refund for services you were contracted to provide yet failed to deliver @ £5 per month over a period of 13 months totalling £65 Failure to comply with this will result in the matter being taken through the small claims court.
  3. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    yeah pretty much.
  4. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    2nd Dear Sir. With regards to your recent letter dated 15th of January, We cancelled our phone contract with you on the 2nd of December. We cancelled our internet account with you 7 days later. This was done via your cancellation department. In the letter we sent you at the beginning of January we stated this along with confirming in writing the termination of your services for phone and broadband. At no point did we agree to take out a new contract with you or agree to have our broadband speeds cut. In March we complained in writing about the way you were throttling our broadband speeds in the evening and provided documented proof of such. We were getting 8 meg speeds in the morning falling to 0.5 megs in the evening. With BT, either side of the appalling service you provided we have received a constant 8 meg service, again proof that the problem was not with our line. I certainly would at no point, for any reason, agree to a speed decrease when I was complaining about speeds being throttled. Since you have said that you cut our broadband speeds From March this year without changing our price plan you have been over charging us for a service that you have failed to provide. I expect a full and immediate refund for the monies over paid to you during this period. I also require full proof that a new contract was agreed, this would be in the form of a recorded conversation or a written agreement or other correspondence from us. This mater has been referred to the Office of Fair Trading, they have advised us that you are in breach of the supply of goods act 1982. In part that you have failed to take reasonable care in your records keeping, failure to terminate with immediate effect once notified of the cancellation (both verbally and in writing) and by sending out demands for payment for services no longer required. On their advice we will also be seeking compensation for the time taken to correct this mater. In accordance with this a charge of £12 will be levied for each letter sent to you to cover our costs in sorting out your mistakes. A complaint will also be raised with the CISAS in due course. I expect for this matter to be resolved in full by no latter than 7 days from receipt of this letter, including the refund for services that you have said that you cut without our consent and without reducing our bill. Failure to comply with this will result in the matter being taken through the small claims court.
  5. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    First letter to Tiscali. Dear Sir, I see from your letter dated December 08 that you are still under the misunderstanding that we have an open account with you. We cancelled our phone contract with you on the 2nd of December. We cancelled our internet account with you 7 days later. We have also cancelled our direct debit with you because as a company you have a history of trying to extort monies from customers who have cancelled your services. This is legal notice that the contract has been cancelled by phone on the dates specified above. We have not been using your services since these dates. With the dates above taken into account please send us a full and final bill up until those dates which we will gladly pay for by cheque. If you continue to demand payment for services not received we will inform the office of fair trading and Ofcom that you are trying to extort monies from us in breach of the relevant statutory regulations. Further threatening letters for services cancelled will be considered as intimidation used for the purposes of extortion and will be forwarded to the relevant authority for possible criminal prosecution. Yours sincerely
  6. ICT_GUY

    Tiscali

    Cancelled and switched to BT in december, cancelled the DD at the same time. We had a letter at Xmas complaining that the DD had been cancelled. Wrote back with a very snotty letter, confirming the cancellation and threatening them with the small claims court if they continued to try to estort money from us for services no longer required. Had another letter today saying that back in march we complained of slow speed on our connection and that they reduced the connection to 2mb and started another 12 month contract! All without the service getting worse (not that it could) and without a drop in cost. So now I am charging them £12 per letter to sort their crap out and will take them to court within the month. oh hum.
  7. We had these problems, I have now removed branding on IE and all pc's are SP3, is faster now.
  8. One is Paris Hilton, The other is me. Not Safe Unless You Have Eye Bleach.
  9. http://wykeregisjun.co.uk/desk.JPG WAY TOO MUCH!
  10. Either way its funny to see a German swear word plastered all over the BBC website. Anyone been hit by this? Also anyone read in PCPRO about the new virus that spreads on the MBR and runs outside of the OS? Very nasty from what was said and almost impossible to detect with normal AV tools.
  11. [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyuqtPCugRg]YouTube - Laser Tatoos[/ame] Found it. Ouch.
  12. I want a laser etcher like that Did you see the vid of someone letting one of those tattoo his arm? Nasty.
  13. Kingston 2GB USB 2.0 Capless Datatraveler - Ebuyer these are good, no caps to loose.
  14. I think that goes hand in hand with being an IT tech, that and running away screaming if a real girl comes up to you and starts talking.
  15. ICT_GUY

    Hp Support

    I have fired off another email, I shall be contacting Insight as well to voice my concerns since they insisted that I go through HP.
  16. ICT_GUY

    Hp Support

    One week later and still no replacement part. Next day support my *** Girl of phone today, who could not understand a word I was saying, was incredibly unhelpful and only reluctantly agreed to call the returns department. This is a spare disk for our main server, therefore it is mission critical and HP have been made fully aware. As of this time I words fail me, better buy dell next time.
  17. Bet she would look better in heals.
  18. Yes we have used it, the only pitfall I found was that you need to install a client on the PC's, but this can be done via AD anyway.
  19. I put my vids on a dvd or memory stick, works a treat.
  20. The technique he recommends is to make sure to put your knife / fork / spoon / spork down between mouthfuls and to chew your food properly, aim to get around twenty chews per mouthful. whilst chewing you are to concentrate on the taste (something quite horrific to do with a pot noodle I guess). I have already found that apples taste much better than crisps when eaten this way. Something I never would have believed before.
  21. Not quite, No matter how much I might want something, if I don't have the knowledge to make what I want happen then it will be impossible for me to do so. The whole idea that you are fat because you don't want to be thin bad enough is just the sort of ignorant beliefs that make overweight people feel ever more depressed about themselves and just re-enforces the negative stereo types held by themselves and others. You are fat because you are lazy and greedy. I hate being over weight, it negatively impacts every aspect of my life. There is nothing at all I want more than to be a healthy weight. I have felt completely helpless for most of my life, as every time I have dieted I have hit a brick wall and piled on even more weight. It has never been about "want" it has been about not having the control over what I was eating and why. I can not emphasise enough the impact of just taking my time over eating my food has had on me. As an example. the other night I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling quite alarmed because I thought my stomach was missing. I was so used to feeling bloated and stuffed at night time that it actually shocked me to feel otherwise. All without counting a single calorie.
  22. The majority of over weight people want to loose weight, for health and vanity reasons. I am over weight because I don't stop eating when I have had enough. The reason for this is that I have been eating very quickly and automatically. Also there has been a lot of guilt attached to food. Two weeks later and the only real change (apart form pop) is the speed at which I eat. That and asking myself "Am I hungry?" If i am then I eat something, slowly whilst concentrating on the act of eating. I don't shovel food into my mouth without thinking. That is not a diet and yet I am loosing weight. I would guess at least 6lbs so far. This would be considered a crash diet, at least if I was starving myself which I am not. The other thing you are not allowed to do is weigh yourself, if you must only at 2 week intervals. Simply because our weight can fluctuate by 5 - 6 lbs on a daily basis and if you get obsessed by your weight then putting on a couple of pounds will adversely affect the kind of day you have. Beating your self up for not having enough will power, starving yourself or binging on food because of any number of negative emotions.
  23. Makes cheap vodka taste like expensive vodka too!
  24. Funny thing is I love water. But when I was drinking Pop I would just not drink water at all. Even though it tasted pretty bad, I would just drink pop and nothing else. I'm on my third pint of water today. Stranger still, I have only been to the loo once, not the 3 - 4 times I would have done if I had been drinking pop.
  25. I agree, and its so damn addictive. They put it into everything which pretty bad since if you cook it, it breaks down into some really nasty stuff. Then again, that wonder sweetener is worth billions each year. They spend a lot of money in making the public believe that they will loose weight by using something that will help them gain weight. As with anything, ask yourself where's the money at? On a related note, I have found myself not putting sugar on my breakfast now. Going from a heaped desert spoon to nowt in two weeks, but here's the kicker, It tastes just as sweet. Go figure. Oh and I'm better off by £50 plus a month.! w00t!
×
×
  • Create New...