Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

ICT_GUY

Members
  • Posts

    2,543
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ICT_GUY

  1. Which will take almost a third of a year to make up in new births!
  2. CALIFORNIA PANIC 11 PEOPLE ARE ILL, GOVERNATOR DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY! AFP: California declares swine flu emergency
  3. What this one - National news outlets, citing "secret" Ministry of Defence (MoD) documents, are reporting that "serious safety breaches" and "leaks of liquid radioactive waste" have occurred at the Faslane nuclear submarine base. It's sort of true, but one would release many times more radioactive material into the Clyde by dropping a luminous watch into it. Homer Simpson 'nuclear waste spill' panic at nuke sub base! • The Register
  4. EVERYBODY PANIC!
  5. I know which is why it amused me as an idea put forward by someone on another forum.
  6. will the swap file kill an ssd? Constant rewrites are usually a bad thing for flash storage. Though I have read about putting the swap file onto a ram drive (???? a kludge and a half) or on a non SSD drive (again with the kudge).
  7. Big TV 32" plus is more than enough and costs a lot less than a dedicated monitor of equivalent size.
  8. Most LCD TV's have a VGA input, they are seen as just another monitor by windows (or LINUX). I would probably hide the PC away from the screen. Multiple reasons, ease of access and also if the screen is nicked you don't lose the PC as well.
  9. I hear the freezer trick all the time, people will try anything to save money no matter how silly the idea may be.
  10. When I do websites for customers I usually use bigstockphoto.com usually works out at around £1 per photo for web use. One price for all photos, gets cheaper the more credits you buy. No restictions apart from not using them in logos.
  11. My 14 yr old civic went through its MOT last week, the emissions were as good as a new car.
  12. I was just checking a location of a file on one of my drives on my main PC when I noticed that all the sub folders were missing. After a bit of poking around I have found that they are all hidden. Any ideas why? This has happened on all of my lopcal drives internal and external. Vista 64 btw
  13. Napster, wasn't that that really awful legal download service?
  14. thats haz mades mai dai.
  15. Mythbusters did a slot on this stuff. Very interesting.
  16. Hundreds of photos, of the school and family.
  17. All the time,
  18. What make and model?
  19. [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/676427011/ref=pd_ts_zbw_vg_h__676427011_more?&pf_rd_p=221002391&pf_rd_s=right-7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=300729&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1C44GN57NHNDRBETWYAG]Amazon.co.uk PC & Video Games Bestsellers: The most popular items in PC & Macintosh. Updated hourly.[/ame] Makes for depressing reading. I really only play L4D at the moment. Farcry 2 is also installed, but is just way to annoying to be fun, drive 10 minutes to pick up a mission, drive 10 minutes to the mission, drive back and get another mission yawn.
  20. My 8800GT works just fine on everything I play at the moment. Nothing new that's come out has raised any interest so far this year.
  21. Canon Powershots are great value and take pretty good pictures.
  22. Get a permanent install done, a lot cheaper in the long run, and only about £1000 all in.
  23. Ours have been changed to 100ma DCC not happy, but everything is earthed or double insulated and nothing is plugged or unplugged on a regular basis (read never).
  24. We had similar probs in our new suite, we had the trip switches changed to be less sensitive.
  25. Seems to look ok in my version of firefox.
×
×
  • Create New...