-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
done the survey for ya
-
?&D22=station number think thats what it was great for taking over the bbc mcro b password ripoff was good too created a dos program that looked exactly like the login screen on a bbc the user came along and typed username and password the strings were saved to a text file saved in my area on the econet system then rebooted the machine
-
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Yes I did thanks Problem was the proxy settings in the default domain policy user configuration won every time in the gpo processing so no matter what i did with the gpos the default policy settings kicked in I removed all proxy settings from the default policy created 2 new gpos with proxy settings and applied to the pupils and staff accordingly one of the gpos i created had got corrupt some how so this was kind of some of my problem quickly recreated and all seems fine (tested the usual people office manager, head, heads pa and bursar all working correctly kids get the filtered connection staff get unfiltered (although it is a disaster waiting to happen, i will save that for another day) thanks for you help guys -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
will have a look at that one Thanks -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
never done that before could you elaborate -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
ah well email sent to everyone to say im going to break the system at 3pm today -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Think this is the problem All Default Domain Policies Will win over sub policies and the proxy settings should be applied with a sub policy on the ou required. -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
For some reason the proxy settings are set in the default domain policy ( i would have had it as a separate policy on the ous's required) this is the way to go i think am I correct thinking that any other settings that change the proxy will not apply due to the setting being in the default domain policy. -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
that is my next step I did not set this server up I just dont want to break the system while everyone is in. -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
The Default policy is not enforced When I block the policy it Blocks computer settings perfectly, But the user settings are still applied. This is simple stuff but its not doing as I ask with the user settings -
GPO Problem How to block user settings being applied (urgent)
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Windows Server 2008 R2
Yes i have enforced the other policy but for some reason the default domain policy (user settings) is the winning policy (strange I know) Can I block The user settings only via a filter somehow? -
I have a default domain policy that supplies the proxy settings to machines (user configuration) I want to block this policy and then apply a new proxy I have blocked inheritance of the default policy but the user settings are still being passed through How do I block the user settings being passed through any help would be appretiated
-
Remove ACROTRAY.EXE from all my client machines.
round2it replied to overworkedunderpaid's topic in Windows Server 2000/2003
I would add a software restriction policy to stop acrotray.exe from running rather than remove (that would be the quickest way) and if you need the program again just remove the policy off the top of my head I think this is the policy it was a long time ago USER CONFIGURATION - ADMIN TEMPLATES - SYSTEM - Don't Run Specified Windows Applications Enable and add the executable to the list -
no it works perfect same glide as with the screen you might want to think about getting replacement fingers
-
pound shop i have had one on for 6 months with no problems cheap and easy to replace but at the end of the day its just a bit of plastic paying 3 to 4 times the price wont make it any better
-
unless you can use something like recuva to undelete the files, its not looking good also try and use a boot disc as to limit damage
-
Have you tried changing the RAM on the machine ,I have had a couple of machines that would not run xp install because of faulty ram
-
unless it is a WD one I think the connectors are soldered on
-
4od seems to be working at the moment on yhgfl but for how long?
-
After looking at the StopMotionPro website I would like to say Sorry to TECHSUPP as he was right no manual to read.!!!!!!!!!!
-
yes we all have made mistakes (Me more than most) Why didn't the software come with an install manual thats a bit poor. Totally agree trying to please too many people by doing too many jobs in too little time sometimes bites you on the backside. To be honest when was the last time I RTFM for an install or any piece of hardware. (think it was for corel draw and it was not worth the read)
-
Another case of RTFM
-
prm green technologies http://www.prmgreentech.com/ they have always been good free service and hard drive wipe beat me to it
