-
Posts
2,107 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by round2it
-
arena have a system called mstore and is pre configured for schools also they will do the scanning for you for a price
-
logos at he bottom need to have borders or change the footer colour to match
-
yes sql eats everything you defiantly need to define the max amount of ram it can use
-
same here OptiPlex going into 11 years now still going strong but need replacing due to speed
-
fine here yhgfl connection
-
Re-imaging a workstation with SOLUS 3 agent included in the image
round2it replied to kshah58's topic in MIS Systems
your not putting antivirus on the image also are you? same thing you will open a world of pain if you start putting lots of software in an image. I push out AV office and other programs via gpo on first startup. yes it takes a bit longer but you have the ability to just have a base image and you can update software as and when accordingly. -
Staff hate it. The ui is garbage dont do it. im in west yorkshire
-
Re-imaging a workstation with SOLUS 3 agent included in the image
round2it replied to kshah58's topic in MIS Systems
Dont do it you will regret it. 2 seconds to push out the client from solus 3 do sims and discover at the same time. just use the console -
Anyone got a tidy staff share? Whats your structure?
round2it replied to DCUK6's topic in General Chat
we have ours Department KS3 KS4 Common (items common to ks3 and 4) idea was to save duplication -
Thankyou so much for this as I have been infected with the do you want to upgrade icon, was sure I blocked the updates via wsus ages ago or have MS been playing funny games with the updates
-
Emco remote shutdown has this feature. Found it the other day Cheap and you can schedule shutdows also. worth a look
-
this is why I do all the recordings (quick playback after each candidate resolves this issue)
-
Who's using the Arena Group for copiers? General Feedback?
round2it replied to pete's topic in General Chat
we have them and they a quite good. If you would like to have a chat about it pm me your details and I can ring you tomorrow (very busy at the moment sorry) -
Hi I am after some school subject icon sets that are free to use on our vle and website. Does anyone know of a good source, I have looked at free icon sets but they don't have all of the subjects I require. Thank in advance
-
Does Veeam need to be installed on the vm host
round2it replied to round2it's topic in How do you do....it?
I only ask as I want to give it a try quick backup and restore of a non critical vm -
Just looking at veeam, can I have a dedicated server that runs veem to backup my other vms or do I need to install it onto my main vm host. Hope that makes sense.
-
well that's 5 mins of my life I will not get back
-
Filtering Issue that needs attention
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Yorkshire & Humberside Grid for Learning (YHGfL)
Thankyou. as ever very efficient. -
User Profile Failed The Logon?
round2it replied to TaylorHope's topic in Network and Classroom Management
Can you move one machine to a separate switch and see if the problem goes away. also try resetting the switches and look for loops -
User Profile Failed The Logon?
round2it replied to TaylorHope's topic in Network and Classroom Management
seems more like a timeout issue, I have seen this when we have a lot of users trying to log on at the same time through one access point. 2pence worth sorry -
s3 is clunky but works very well these days
-
Schoolsbroadband issues - filter 11
round2it replied to tj2419's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
wow , glad I didn't move now -
HEEELP - Main host server has just gone down
round2it replied to TwistedHelixis's topic in Windows Server 2012
Good to hear : disaster recovery first on the list of jobs to do then. -
wanted : any size ssd drives to keep old kit going.
round2it replied to round2it's topic in Green Computing
west Yorkshire
