Midget
Members-
Posts
1,313 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Midget
-
and on this note. HA! IN YOUR FACE!
-
Am I getting old or is that a bit young to be an EduGeek?
-
The UK Free Software Network are a reseller for EntaNet who are simply great http://www.UKFSN.org Eclipse I used for business before and never had a problem. http://www.eclipse.net.uk
-
I had this. I only stuck with our main supplier because of the AM, if I had to deal with any of the others i'd have changed to another company most likely
-
if the disk is clicking, well no offence, but you are f***ed
-
plug it in after booting XP
-
[joke] I am one of the 2%, how about you?
Midget replied to StewartKnight's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
my pink spanner rules you all -
how about Pretty Good Privacy ? OpenPGP is opensource and there are some GUI versions as well
- 44 replies
-
- data protection
- encrypt
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
DO NOT FREEZE IT! right...... 1. try it with a 2.5" USB caddy (unless it's SATA in which case, just plug it into a desktop with SATA) here is a nice cheap one that'll work 2. If it is clicking. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WITH THAT DRIVE. 9-1 that it is mechanically failed and the only way to fix it would be to open it up and replace mechanical componants (something you will fail at if you try to do it yourself) 3. Freezing will only work for old style ball baring motors, where the motor has seized and freezing it shrinks the balls enough to make it move again. This rarely works on new drives, and the motor won't be seized unless the laptop has been dropped about 6 feet (or ~2feet when running)
-
Who wants some free EduGeek stickers
Midget replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
hmmm wonder if it'd be a good idea to get a load and sneak them into the package with the data we return to any schools who use us. -
thats ok then, thought you were the person unlucky enough to have taken over my old post in an 'end of the line' valley school and the mice had been at play whilst the cat was away for 6-9months
-
I think most paper-rounds pay more than that!
-
Blacksheep> this sounds scarily familar, which SouthWales school are you in? If you don't want it public, PM me, but is it near the valleys?
-
This is coming from someone who does Data Recovery daily. The best software for FAT/NTFS based recoveries are R-Studio (best) GetDataBack RecoverMyFiles and you can get these in the usual places
-
Kill 2 birds with one stone. Fill the Horn with yoghurt
-
i'm also considering leaving IT, i might take up professional sofa sitting.
-
Wow, i am impressed, you would last a whole hour...? Don't you spend the 1st hour of the day hiding in your office behind a locked door?
-
get new job, lose the belly, clean the car and my new years resolution will be 1920×1080 when I can find a 1080p TV that'll work with my PC that doesn't cost £1k+
-
what's with all the students lately?
- 4,290 replies
-
- assistance
- background
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
so things haven't improved in the last 6months then? Guess I should give up considering going back into School NMing as I'm now earning more in a very boring office job. Look on the bright side, when you go home and someone asks what you did today, you can say "I did blah blah blah, updated this, discovered a new way to improve X" etc etc and you can feel like you've achieved something My only answer is "I sat on a chair and did feck all" Anyone want to hire a welsh NM for £30k?
-
vbs script is easiest quickest and dirtiest way dim foo = some user dim bar = some computer if user == foo and computername <> bar logout else don't logout
-
just remember that if you are irreplaceable then you'll never be promoted.
-
crashed disk crashes from USB caddy - how do I read it?
Midget replied to colingbradley's topic in Windows
what type of drive is the old drive? does it make any clicking noises? -
As a note to anyone who's looking up this topic. I'm the member who works in the data recovery industry. I will not give away the company I work for unless you really need us, and will not do it on the board, but if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
-
Vogon don't even resemble cheap. I'm not going to advertise the company I work for because it would be cheeky and they don't pay me to advertise them. However we will be able to do it for <£500 Whatever range you are quoted it'll be the top end as your motor is seized and you should not try to power that HDD again as you'll be causing more damage. The platters will have to be swapped into another chassis and you'll prob need new heads as well.
