-
Posts
433 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by tech-man
-
Just one more day off would be nice!!!!
-
Faronics Deep Freeze - much better than the MS one............
-
ELC's have been replaced by some other scheme. I know some LEAs are using it to fund VLE's!
-
We don't use a script, I have a ADM for Group Policy..... call it iefavsloc.adm and import it in to a object.... hey presto!
-
We buy a "top up support" is no where as much as that..........
-
snap, not looking too good this year ....
-
bah, went back today - gutted the office, threw away all the rubbish and even hovered the carpet!!
-
Anyone heard of IDNS. Suppliers of Projectors ect
tech-man replied to a topic in Recommended Suppliers
We recently purchased 18 Promethean whiteboard from IDNS - there service has been fantastic, prices well below anyone else (got 5 quotes) - I can't fault anything in anyway. Ash who I dealt with is always very helpful and I can ask any question and if he can't answer he will go away and find out the right answer/solution. -
OK I had this issue on my servers - I used BootIt to re-size the partitions - this worked really really well, no issues. In my servers I have two mirrored boot drives, I pulled one of these out, did the re-size when I was sure all was OK I put the other disk back in and it re-built You do this at your own risk, always allowing for current backups and recovery in the event of a failure of the process.
-
Information display screens around the school?
tech-man replied to PaulBM's topic in How do you do....it?
The beauty of D|Sign is that it is designed to be used by administrative office staff i.e. non techies! Which in my view is fantastic because it is a another job I don't have to do! We looked at other products, we found some issues with the ease of use - some based on a linux platform. I can't really speak highly enough of D|Sign - and before you ask I am not being paid to say this! -
Information display screens around the school?
tech-man replied to PaulBM's topic in How do you do....it?
We now have 4 schools around school(more to come), they are always commented on from students and parents on the quality of the content. Content on the screens is key, if you dont put intresting, up to date information, they simply do not work. Our solution use D|Sign from http://www.dsign.co.uk - great software & support. Well worth a look. They have won awards for the project. -
Our head had the bells turned off. Makes the day more civil.
-
We use EmailSystems from http://www.altman.co.uk - it is an externally hosted system. Works very well.
-
We got 17 from http://www.idns.co.uk (Ash) best price by a mile, much better than Promethean direct. Promethean even installed the kit.
-
I use Account Management Spreadsheet from http://www.wisesoft.co.uk works a treat and is very easy to use.
-
LOL - a friend of mine did this!
-
I use this script from http://www.wisesoft.co.uk http://www.wisesoft.co.uk/Scripts/display_script.aspx?id=14 on PC boot - works really well.
-
Do you mean moving the MDF and LDF file? If so, this is what I want to do.
-
Our SIMS server system partition is running out of space, not much space for SIMS left - we have lots of unallocated space. Do you guys know of a easy free way to re-size disk partitions? So I dont have to rebuild the server. Cheers
-
Importing new users into Active Directory
tech-man replied to Mr_M_Cox's topic in How do you do....it?
I use Account Management Spreadsheet from http://www.wisesoft.co.uk -
No, they are a member of Domain Users/Users etc. Is there a not a GPO setting to disable all user documents or something?
-
Any other comments on how I might stop this? Cheers Stuart
-
I have the following set: Policy Setting: Hide these specified drives in My Computer - Enabled - Restrict C drive only Which other settings could I set? Students dont need to have access to drive C, however applications are installed there and they need to be able to run them. I am fully aware of the copyright issues and the network file servers are clear of such materials. When login scripts run are they run with administrator level access?
-
This is my first question post! I found that students are storing files (Music & Games) in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents - what is the best way of stopping this? Cheers Stuart
