Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

NegativeKillDeath

Members
  • Posts

    495
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NegativeKillDeath

  1. And the quick prompts are marketed as distinct tools.
  2. If a third party is using this for support then they should have a small exe that doesn't install and you have to provide the generated code for the agent to be able to connect. Once the session is killed then they cant reconnect without rerunning the exe and providing the new code. That would be the correct way to do it. Its been a while since I used TeamViewer but it is possible for you to have an install and set it so that any incoming connection requests prompt for permission.
  3. I occasionally have this at home on latest Win11Pro and Vivaldi browser. Maybe 1 or 2 pages in an evening of browsing so not so much that I can be bothered to troubleshoot. If I were that bothered though I'd start looking at DNS as it feels like the browser isn't making that initial connection.
  4. You could argue that, and if I downloaded a word processor then perhaps it shouldn't be surprising that there was a spell check dictionary/thesaurus included. But this isn't that, its a local AI model in a piece of software whose primary function is to view web content.
  5. I wonder if i can run it off my e-bike and what effect it will have on range.
  6. Influential study touting ChatGPT in education retracted over red flags
  7. Had this turned on since 4th Nov. No one has come to us to complain that they have bumped up against it.
  8. Does anyone know if the student requires internet connectivity at the point of scanning the QR code? I would presume it has to get the records at some p[point but will it cache the scanned QR until connectivity is there? Our school is in an awful mobile signal dead spot and we don't allow students to connect to the WiFi.
  9. Its not actually a bad idea that kids can see the passage of time as it will help them understand how long tasks take, invaluable for exam time. And I'm all for kids learning how to tell analogue time.
  10. Yes, having issues here with Chrome but not Edge. We are looking in to it as think it might be related to this DigiCert G1 Distrust: TLS Impact in 2026 - HEXSSL However I'd be surprised if Microsoft have been caught out and are still using G1 certs.
  11. Until such time that I will need to recall it in the correct order then its gone.
  12. Do they get to provide log in details? Could this just be Disney+ restricting access from outside the subscribers home location as per their T&Cs?
  13. I had desks like that once in a previous school. The students would place the mouse on the keyboard and then close the lid, this particular design didn't allow room to do that so all the monitors got cracked.
  14. We recently set up all our staff with SIMS Connected. Booked groups of 10 teachers to come to and IT suite and got them to follow what we told them to click on, EXPLICITLY telling them to race ahead or guess what to click next. About 20% of them ignored our instructions and had to be reset.
  15. I don't know how many servers you have but take a look at Ubuntu Landscape, a free licence can manage up to 5 servers.
  16. Possibly related to this? Microsoft confirms more Windows PCs cannot shut down after recent updates - Neowin
  17. I wonder if they feel the need to have lessons prepped because they experience slow computers due to 3 other teachers prepping lessons. Not a lot of room swapping here and we don't allow fast user switching but I've seen teachers with a dozen powerpoints open ready for their 5 lesson day.
  18. You can use Office Customization Tool - Microsoft 365 Apps admin center to make an xml to customize the install by what ever your usual msi install solution is. As for SSO 3s-gtech is correct, you'll need a hybrid entra set up with the local devices hybrid joined.
  19. We don't want the streaming PC in the room with the eggs as they often allow the kids in to the room to look at the eggs/chicks the old fashioned biological way. So we needed software that can take a remote source and then stream it.
  20. We do this. 2 years now. We use a spare CCTV camera, a spare windows device that has internet connectivity, OBS software and the schools YouTube channel as the live stream broadcast site. There are dozens and dozens of online tutorials on how to set up OBS to stream to YouTube. We use the RTP output of the camera as a source for OBS, this means the PC running the OBS can be tucked away in our office so it doesn't get interfered with. You can add other elements in OBS, we have school logo and the time. The eggs and the incubator are kept in the science office, They use one of their flask arms to hold the camera and its just plugged into a spare network port. If the eggs are moved for any reason they put a note in front of the camera explaining whats happening. The first year we did it we would get time outs a couple of times a day, second year its been much more stable.
  21. Yes, we used to import First name, last name and email. The software generates a token table with all the unique tokens, it also has a section to customize the emails. In the version I used we relied on the internal phpmailer to send the emails via our smtp server but it was a little flakey and didn't like doing more than 100 in 1 batch.
  22. Yes, I went back and looked at LimeSurvey after Techmonkeys response. I was using an older version and they have improved their anonymous functions so it should meet the bill.
  23. If you want them to do it online and only be able to vote once you need some sort of unique token for each parent. The difficulty is then how you send each parent the token and not have a record of which token was sent to which parent. There will have to be a manual process to expunge the links and that inherently means its not anonymous. The link you provide doesn't mention anon voting and the fact is says you can send reminders to those that haven't voted means it tracks the parents. I have used a self hosted Lime Survey to do this but it also fel down at the anonymous requirement so it was agreed with the Clerk to the governors that once the deadline had passed the result count would be exported and the original survey set up would be deleted to remove the token/parent association.
×
×
  • Create New...