DAckroyd
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DAckroyd
-
I would agree that Sec Essentials is a good way to go... use it at home and it works well and doesn't make the computer run slowly - also it's free!!!
-
just a quick one... I have my domain raised to 2008 funtional level, I'm looking at moving my Forest to 2008 functional level. I have the screen ready in front of me to change that but I have had a thought. If I change this forest to 2008 will it affect my trusts to a 2003 domain? the 2003 domain is not in the forest where my 2008 domain is. Thanks all
-
are you currently running anything like Ranger, Winsuite, R# (sorry can't sware on here) or anything like that? if so have you checked they support servers running 2K8R2?
-
Thankyou.... I didn't have the advanced options turned on... thanks for the screen shot but without the advanced features enabled I only had the 3 tabs (General, Managed By, and COM+) Now that one is burned to memory... they'll move the option in server 2011 won't they
-
am I doing something studpid... actually don't answer that question but please answer my next one... I have an OU, it's on a 2008 DC, I want to delete it but it's protected. I can't see anything useful if I goto properties on it (no tick box for allow deletion) and I don't know where I'm meant to look for the "Advanced Features" bit. Thanks, Dave
-
+ 52 weeks of holiday per year
-
I will start the discussion at one hundrad million pounds + Benifit and a company car:D
-
surely if the door is locked then he'll just switch off at the wall/pull the power cable out? cut off his fingers would be the better option or have a lock on the server room door that he can't get through
-
I'm just looking at the GPOAccelerator in the Microsoft Security Compliance Management Toolkit. I'm following the book and have just typed in "cscript GPOAccelerator.wsf /WS08 /Enterprise /LAB" but the message I get scares me alittle... /!\ Caution:P Microsoft recommends that only experienced domain administrators use this tool. are you sure you want to create the Windows Server 2008 Security Guide Enterprise Enviroment? doing so will modify ypir active directory enviroment. Click Yes to continue, or no to exit the tool. [Yes] [No] Has anyone else used this and should I be careful about what I do with it? - is it useful? - will it save me time or am I wasteing time looking at it? Thanks, Dave
-
I find it scary they are using 130 access points... is this a big site or are they trying to cook the students?
-
how odd... we unfortunately have some fujitsu machines with silly PSU's (wrong size thing) and they won't replace under the warrenty if the switch is flicked so we've filled them with glue - the other thing to do is if there are metal tags over the switch they can sometimes be bent to stop movement
-
think this is one for the things that make you go Dohhttp://www.edugeek.net/forums/hardware/44738-things-make-you-go-doh.html
-
we could have a shortening of names with ~1 at the end?
-
could we have a mobile/netbook suitable site which does cut out aload of od the stuff on hte left for quicker access and more suitability on small devices?
-
do you need the door on it or can you just take it off?
-
very possible that it's blown the mobo, CPU, RAm
-
he'll learn to get the rackmount version next time... they don't have doors to worry about
-
put some glue in the switch to stop them being flicked in furture
-
should be 230 - just double check it's designed for UK and the model number matches the one you are replacing You will smell if you have the wrong voltage set
-
open up system properties, goto advanced tab, Startup and recovery - see what is on the default OS list also is it showing windows is installed on the C: drive? - if you are happy to format and start from scratch make sure all drives are deleted and make a new drive
-
I was jus reconfiguring the network cards on the VMware hosts and removed the nic off of the wrong vSwitch... vMotion almost had a problem - noticed I was in the wrong switch just in time
-
the giant magnet in the hard disk isn't for sticking it to the front of the case!
-
Thanks all - got exactly what I want here Do I need to have the Tool Kit installed on all computers that I want to allow management from?
-
I have the mmc working now and am on a test user who was set to only be able to change students passwords but they can still see everything else in AD - is there a way of making it so they can only see the "Users" OU? Thanks
