DAckroyd
Members-
Posts
465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by DAckroyd
-
I was told over he phone
-
As a confirmation from RM/QCA tech Support - Server 2008 is UNSUPPORTED!
-
Now working off of the 2K3 box and somewhere further on 2K8 but going to consontrate on 2K3 - thanks for helping
-
We used to get quotes from Kelway but they didn't come up as best Value all the time and because we couldn't tell them the cost other people were coming in at so they could try and undercut them they said they didn't want to quote for us ever again
-
It's a clean server with 2K8 installed and latest updates only then QCA thing on top UPDATE: I have carried out the same process on a 2K3 server and having the same problem - I am starting to dislike this thing!
-
I can see tomcat running but I can't load the page in ie
-
Should I have IIS or similar installed on the server for this or does something get installed?
-
I now have this installing - I needed to install all updates to server 2008 and also be logged onto the actual computer (not through mstsc). How sucsessfull I will be is unknown - it's a horrible installer!
-
I try to run the setup file in the APS folder and it won't run the setup
-
I'm trying to set this up atm... I have a clean 2K8 server and have copied the cd's data to the C: drive but it doesn't seem to run - should it? I need this up and running by the end of next week because of ELBS exams taking place using it
-
sorry to disapoint but Win7 doesn't have pinball I think with office 14's full office in the browser 3 will work quite well for mobile offices
-
I thought this would be a problem but looking at what I use on my current Win7 laptop (my second machine) I'm not sure it would be a poblem on a netbook (for what they are designed)
-
does your CPU support it? GRC*|*SecurAble: Determine Processor Security Features*|**
-
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
they don't even tell you if they have fixed a problem that you tell the needs fixing urgently and you are told they will ring when it's done - 3 weeks waiting for a phone call from them now -
[Norfolk] [Broadband] 100MB Upgrades
DAckroyd replied to NeoPlosive's topic in East of England Broadband Network (E2BN)
it went from slow to stop half way though the day... I thought all netmans had taken out the internet from all downloading Windows7 -
Is there an easy way to check the GUID's as our desktops are all cloned using Symantec Ghost and I suspect that is how we are gettting problems with deploying software through AD? GUID be changed for any which have the same?
-
if he has the vm's running 2003 then there is no requirement for 2008 cals
-
other route would be ESXi but you'd still need extra server licences for the VM's to increasing the servers and buying server 2008 enterprise is the cheapest way to do that
-
I don't think you would as they would only be used as the hosts
-
they may do the trick - quick search on misco has ECC DDR2 4GB for £80. might be worth getting as quote from someone to see what you could do with your exisiting kit and a couple of copies of 2008 enterprise server (enterprise gives you Hyper-V and 4 V-PC licences)
-
you also have a good argument to go with virtualisation rather than cheap servers now - you should be able to sit some vitual servers on your existing kit as long as it's of a high enough spec - add some shared storage and you'll get a lot more redundant system
-
Why do you not have HDD's for servers in your server?!? have you thought of looking into virtualising - those services on the old server would be best off split appart a little (give CMIS it's own server - sort of thing you don't want to die!)
-
try changing that to an L and then as I'm assuming it si trying to do a shutdown with log off? this will be a very useful thing when it works as you can have program spesific users on the domain (ie for exam software and programs like sucess maker). Is it possible to put up the full code of it working if/when it is please?
-
the only netbook I know of that does ?x768 is the Sony P-Series but that aint cheap but their claim is on a Large Capacity Battery you'll get 8 hours. it looks nice but easy to knick, expensive, the screen is too small to do most work with and with vista on it's apparently not overly quick - looks flashy though - I do seem to recall seeing a netbook with the high res screen with an nVidia 9400 (iirc) GPU. I can't seem to find it atm
