Thants Posted August 23, 2012 Posted August 23, 2012 Morning all, I was wondering if anybody could perhaps shed some light onto why this might be happening. I've got about 6 DVD's produced by Viewtech to record onto the Clickview Library, but when I insert the DVD and look at the preview on the Clickview Digital Video Recorder, the image doesn't "hold" it will flicker vertically - the closest I can compare it to is when an old VCR tape will have tracking issues. This happens on all the viewtech DVD's, but the issue does not occur with any other DVD's. The Viewtech DVD's will play fine from a PC in say Windows Media Player. I've never encountered this sort of issue before, and an stuck trying to find a reason why this is happening or a suitable work around. Has anybody else had similar issues, or are able to shed some light onto why this might be occuring? The Clickview Manager software is Version 2.2.0.20 The Capture Card is a Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1700 Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
mole Posted August 23, 2012 Posted August 23, 2012 Don't know why that's happening. Could you not just rip the dvd or copy off the vobs (assuming you have permission) and convert to wmv then upload onto clickview. That's what I do. 1
Thants Posted August 23, 2012 Author Posted August 23, 2012 Hi there - thanks for the quick response. I've tried to copy accross the VOB's to perform the conversion steps, but it's proven to be very slow and unresponsive for the larger files - e.g. those in excess of 500mb or so. :\
mole Posted August 23, 2012 Posted August 23, 2012 could try doing a straight disk copy onto another new dvd and then try copying off the content from the new disk or using some software like dvdfab which would rule out any protection and should let you know if the disk structure or something is corrupt
newpersn Posted August 23, 2012 Posted August 23, 2012 Does it convert alright? We have the same problem when using recording from video input. But its fine in the player after it encoded. 1
mole Posted August 24, 2012 Posted August 24, 2012 Good call - it may not look the same when it has been encoded and is on clickview
Thants Posted August 24, 2012 Author Posted August 24, 2012 Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately even after recording, the content is still not right. I'm going to see if I can copy disk onto different media and see if that makes a difference!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now