Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there anyway of getting a picture to display on the client computer when I connect to it instead of just showing a blank screen?

 

I'm thinking it might actually be best sometimes if I can show that I'm using it remotely but without displaying what I'm actually doing. It seems that if I lock the computer (lock screen appears) then try to control the PC the lock is removed and the screen displayed.

Posted

You can display a message on the screen when you are controlling it.

 

From the client configurator - security - display customisable text when viewed.

 

 

Whilst on the subject, have been testing the new NSS9 and it looks like a very good upgrade.

Posted

Cheers!

 

I just found that when you mentioned about the text! I hadn't looked in the configurator since I set it up!

 

I like NSS9, glad we got it as I ordered 8.5 the day before it was released! It's nice, find installing it much easier, although I only had the demo of 8.5 to play with.

 

Great tool though, has helped me a lot so far in monitoring out troublesome PCs in the library etc. I'm rolling it out to the rest of the school over the summer :)

Posted

All the client config stuff is stored in a local client32.ini file which is then easy to roll out to other clients.

 

Great product. Used it since v3 & can't fault it.

Posted

I have been speaking to NetSupport about this in NSM, as we often get people that think hmm the computers turned off when the screens blanked, and go press the power button so it shuts down, or they pull the power lead out and boof what im doings gone.

 

The message is fine but you can still see whats being done, which at times I don't want, and when i've got 1 pc in a room of 30 that needs work done and they are teaching in it at the same time it doesn't always go down that well with the teachers as the kids get distracted by the "computers moving itself" or to the head of IT "Who's administrator as they must be a ghost as that computers logging on itself!" (last one said by a year 3 student, was so cute, she was introduced to me and said he's not a ghost but wasn't in the room, i'm sure she will understand the joys of NSM later in life)

 

Anyway, driving back on track, its down as a feature request but its not that simple to implement, but they were looking into it.

Posted

This is something that is often requested, more so with NetSupport Manager than NetSupport School.

 

We do actually have a cunning trick to allow us to do this so watch this space.....

Posted
John - that's what I was thinking too, sometimes I want people to know that the PC is being worked on without seeing the work taking place. It's the only thing I've found since I started using NSS as everything else works a treat :)
Posted
This is something that is often requested, more so with NetSupport Manager than NetSupport School.

 

We do actually have a cunning trick to allow us to do this so watch this space.....

I'm watching but not seing anything yet, just a blank screen, perhaps if I pull the powerlead on it it may appear :D :D hehe. Can you keep me posted on this please, I would be happy to test it, I have a current valid NSM V10 licence with maintance so happy to try it out.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
If you want the code for a program our suggestion is that you buy the program.

 

Russell

EduGeek.net Admin

thanks

 

Heh? As far as I'm aware all the posters on this subject are legitimate licence holders unless I'm missing something.

 

Rob

NetSupport Ltd

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...