TekkyMatt Posted May 2, 2007 Posted May 2, 2007 Hi all, i've got ePortal (the latest version) configured for outside access through our local learning gateway (xxx.shirelandlearning.xxx) and im having a problem with the reports function not allowing whitespace in any of the comments. It works internally, our setup is eportal using IIS 5 for the redirects. Could anybody point me in a direction where I might be able to solve this please. I believe the problem is how the gateway is sending the information to ePortal but I may be wrong. Yours Hopefully Matt
GeorgeFaux Posted May 2, 2007 Posted May 2, 2007 Hi Matt, When you say its not allowing whitespace, do you mean that it is putting %20 in between each word?
TekkyMatt Posted May 2, 2007 Author Posted May 2, 2007 No, its not allowing whitespace of any kind ie &nb.sp, .160, %20 etc
TekkyMatt Posted May 2, 2007 Author Posted May 2, 2007 it wont show anything because if there is whitespace in the text you are writing for the report, it wont let you submit anything. It will allow you to do so internally, but when using outside access it wont let you. I assume its the way the outside server sends the data to the tomcat server
CheeseDog Posted May 2, 2007 Posted May 2, 2007 When you carried out the last upgrade did you update the eportalb**w**d directory?
limbo Posted May 2, 2007 Posted May 2, 2007 I would love to help - but Shirelands School was the mortal enemy when I was at the next school along and I have not got over the fact that they beat us at Cricket in Year 11. Anyway - not got a clue on this one - I think we stopped using tomcat for eportal a while ago in favour of IIS - is this an option - might at least help simplify things and make it easier to troubleshoot if you only have the one system to worry about.
michael2k6 Posted June 27, 2007 Posted June 27, 2007 I posted this reply in the other place aswell - try unticking normalisation validation on your isa box, if you have one.
dataserver Posted June 28, 2007 Posted June 28, 2007 we had same prob here where comments with spaces would not save. An upgrade to 2.81.7.0 with the latest patch from serco fixed this....which version are you on?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now