Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ive had my EEE PC 1000h for about 6 months now - as it was with the default XP install it was fine, no problems. I then decided to upgrade it to Windows 7.

 

After getting all the neccessary drivers it was also working OK.

The problem came once I installed the Asus 'Super Hybrid Engine' for managing system performance.

On 'Auto' mode its fine, and on 'Power Saving' mode its also quite happy. But when I select 'High Performance' or 'Super Performance' the system completely crashes and I get awesome fuzzy colourfull lines going down the screen (graphics error me thinks?). All I can do then is a battery pull.

 

I have seen the 1000h model run Windows 7 with the 'Super Hybrid Engine' before with no problems. Could it possibly be the GPU on my netbook or a dodgy OS build?

 

System Specs:

Windows 7 Proffesional x86

2GB DDR2 RAM

standard everything else.

 

Any suggestions appreciated cheers.

 

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...