Geoff Posted January 26, 2007 Posted January 26, 2007 Job going at my school if anyone's interested. http://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/vacancies/vacancyDetails.asp?id=25034
Mr_T Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 I would have been intrested if it wasnt advertised at slave labour wage. When will schools learn you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Will they negotiate???? Also i seem to remeber Carr Hill advertising not long ago are you expanting or has the previous tech left??
SimpleSi Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 Hey - some of us monkeys have grown-up and become gorillas - watch your mouth regards Simon
ChrisH Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 I can vouch for the gorilla factor where simon is concerned
sahmeepee Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 I wonder why the last guy left? Headhunted by his local newsagent for a paper round?
webman Posted January 31, 2007 Posted January 31, 2007 Headhunted by his local newsagent for a paper round? Less stressful Surely the occasional guard dog or death-trap driveway is no match for a teacher
ITWombat Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 If Geoff's "only the Senior Tech", then who's the Network Manager, Linus Torvalds?
Mr_T Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 Hey - some of us monkeys have grown-up and become gorillas - watch your mouth regards Simon Agreed me included. But more often than not schools apointments for techies/network managers are shocking.
SimpleSi Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 I think it more like market forces. There are a lot of IT graduates looking for jobs. And there are quite a few like me who can afford to live on peanuts and actually like doing the job Roger's (at Lancaster) got a nice post/salary going at his place so there not all badly paid. regards Simon
Roger Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 Thanks Simon, I had to work hard on SLT to get that salary band !! As you know I am from industry and I was not prepared to suffer the same pain as last time trying to fill the post. The guy that has left had just finished his MSC at Lancaster uni when he came here, I new it would only be for 12 months, he got through a tremendous amount of work and has left the network in excellent shape. He has gone into industry, not IT but Mechatronics (Electronic Control) in the Nuclear industry at more than double his current salary, good luck to him. Roger
mighty.grey.eagle Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 If Geoff's "only the Senior Tech", then who's the Network Manager, Linus Torvalds? No. Some boring old fart.....
SimpleSi Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 No. Some boring old fart..... Yeah - that's what I'd heard Good job he doesn't post around here regards Simon
mrforgetful Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 Sounds like a decent wage for what I imagine is essentially easy work if there's already two more senior people.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now