elsiegee40 Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 (edited) Could they make such a fuss against high speed broadband coming to town PLANS for super-fast broadband in Tunbridge Wells could lead to a controversial rise in unwanted street clutter. Wish there was a danger of it making to us...we don't live that far away! Edited October 22, 2010 by elsiegee40
elsiegee40 Posted October 22, 2010 Author Posted October 22, 2010 Tonbridge will be ages I expect and then they'll do the main roads and leave out the smaller ones, like they did when laying cable TV
sidewinder Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 Oh for goodness sake. May as well get rid of all signs and lamposts as well then, cluttering up the streets Also "BT hopes to complete them by 2011, when speeds of 40 megabytes per second will be guaranteed. Average speeds in the UK are currently just 5.2 megabytes per second." Cmon this is 2010..you would think someone would have known the correct term and spotted it before printing
SYNACK Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 I know a good amount of people here that would dig the trenches themselves if it meant getting fibre to the home any quicker.
elsiegee40 Posted October 22, 2010 Author Posted October 22, 2010 I know a good amount of people here that would dig the trenches themselves if it meant getting fibre to the home any quicker. I'd join them!
somabc Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
aerospacemango Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 I know a good amount of people here that would dig the trenches themselves if it meant getting fibre to the home any quicker. I would most certainly give the a hand! I'd dig the trench from the "main" road to my house (1/2mile!) if it meant decent broadband speeds! My speed at home is laughable!
gotenks1321 Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia I know a particular member of another forum very well who goes by the name "Disgusted" and happens to live in Tunbridge Wells
webman Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 Do they not realise how privileged they are to have this? If they don't want it, fine... send the BT engineers up to Bishop Auckland so they can furnish us with some fibre
john Posted October 22, 2010 Posted October 22, 2010 Do they not realise how privileged they are to have this? If they don't want it, fine... send the BT engineers up to Bishop Auckland so they can furnish us with some fibre Wait your turn Webman you have Newcastle just round the corner so I think I'm first, we officially have string for phonelines still in rural Yorkshire I must admit I've seen a few of these kinds of things about "street clutter" its a fact of life we've burried so much under them there ain't the room anymore its simples, there will have to be some clutter but if it boosts and improves things we can grow to live with it I'm sure
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now