Jawloms Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 Big Trak is Back! | 80s Retro Toys at Find Me A Gift They brought back the chopper push bike, then the Megadrive, now this!!
plexer Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 Still have one under my bed at home Got to be good in schools for teaching control to primary school kids surely? Ben
mattx Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 I had one of those.......and now I want a new one.......And it's my Birthday soon.....
tmcd35 Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 I remember them! Never had one but do remember a mate at school having one. For some reason (colour/design/button layout) it put me in mind of those Raliegh bikes that were around at the same time. They had a similar looking computer button console on the top-bar of the frame.
MYK-IT Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 fantastic, had one as a kid..wonder if they will also start selling the tipping trailer for it?
plexer Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 I have the trailer at home as well allthough one side set of wheels has come off I've emailed them to see if they can get me spare plastics as the tab has also broken off the battery cover on my bigtrak. Ben
Gonk Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 wow, now that is a blast from the past! My dad (who enjoyed playing with it as much as I did) bought the tipping trailer you could have for it too. My BigTrak had a dodgy front axle that I had to glue. I even wrote to MB back in the day asking could I buy a replacement axle, sadly Big Trak was out of producton so it was a no Excellent find Jawloms, mine is still at my folks place, might just have to get it out and give it a go. Ross
MYK-IT Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 (edited) Maybe the Fantom 4 Hovercraft will get re-released? or even StarBird Edited February 9, 2010 by MYK-IT
tmcd35 Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 This will kill the collectors market on Ebay! Big Track - 1970's programmable boys toy on eBay (end time 12-Feb-10 17:28:06 GMT) "This will make a great valentines present" - because nothing says 'I love you' like a white plastic tonka toy!
Sirbendy Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 As long as they fix the chocolate axles. Sigh. I lost count of how many I went through. I spent HOURS doing programs on it. Ironically, some of the "new" toys I'm seeing around aimed at little people are rereleases of my own childhood toys, often the same design and colour...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to go mad and buy some to relive my youth with daughter... I lost my original BigTrak, my VIC20, all the starwars stuff etc in a housefire. What I wouldn't give to relive it all again...hehehehe...the cost of the 1970's eBay ones is scary!
mattx Posted February 9, 2010 Posted February 9, 2010 I had one of these: http://www.speaknspell.co.uk/speak_n_spell.gif The voice use to freak me out - I was sure it was the devil.
JJonas Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 I remember them! Never had one but do remember a mate at school having one. For some reason (colour/design/button layout) it put me in mind of those Raliegh bikes that were around at the same time. They had a similar looking computer button console on the top-bar of the frame. The Chopper
Sirbendy Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR0Ofu0M53g&feature=related]YouTube- Speak & Spell VS The 1986 Chrysler New Yorker[/ame] All I can say is...hahaha!! Same chip, different use. I used to have the Rover talking dash on my Maestro..it was ace! In fact, I still have the entire dash in a filing cabinet. Wonder if I could rig up the synth and triggers to the Astra...
Gerry Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 I have still got this: Compurobot George - The Old Robot's Web Site Last time I came across it in the attic I think it was still working...
laserblazer Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 I wonder if the Amstrad CPC will make a come back. I've got one with loads of games in my loft.
tmcd35 Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 The Chopper No not one of them, though I had a green chopper as a kid I found details on the ol' Interweb - It was called the Raleigh Vektar. A BMX with a computer running down the middle. I remember the more expensive ones had radio's and they looked pretty cool in black. http://www.re-buy-cycle.co.uk/uploads/144/L/0.jpg Never owned one. As a kid I alway wanted to get hold of one and remove that center console to put on my Mountain bike
mattx Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 Oooo, love trips down memory lane - I loved my Astro Wars: http://www.eco-star.co.uk/blog/uploaded_images/Grandstand-AstroWars-779758.jpg
mattx Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 And my Battlestar Galactica game: http://www.16bitfun.com/spacealert.jpg Nothing like shooting red leds with red leds.....
tmcd35 Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 Oooo, love trips down memory lane - I loved my Astro Wars: http://www.eco-star.co.uk/blog/uploaded_images/Grandstand-AstroWars-779758.jpg I went through a period of collecting old games consoles a few years back. For financial reasons I've got rid of them all now. But I did have a semi-interesting collection that included... [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amstrad_GX4000]Amstrad GX4000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G7000]Magnavox Odyssey² - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Channel_F]Fairchild Channel F - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] and one of these http://www.minhembio.com/forum/uploads/monthly_01_2008/post-40934-1200042538.jpg
mattx Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 I'm on the look out for a working Video Master Star Chess: http://www.pong-picture-page.de/catalog/images/Videomaster%20Starchess_www.JPG Wasted hours playing it.
mattx Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 And not forgetting: http://www.benwaysworld.co.uk/computersnconsoles/BinatoneMK6.jpg With the light gun......that only worked when it was dark or you closed the curtains......
tmcd35 Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 Grrr, LEA firewall blocking ahhhhh... Can't see the pic Matt, is it similar to this? http://www.otherlandtoys.co.uk/laserX1_800w.jpg I used to play this with an old school mate. We used to shot around corners by aiming at the other player through a mirror
MYK-IT Posted February 10, 2010 Posted February 10, 2010 (edited) I wonder if the Amstrad CPC will make a come back. I've got one with loads of games in my loft. Wow, i loved the Amstrad CPC! Originally had the CPC 464 with green screen, then a CPC6128 with colour monitor and the GX4000 Games Console. Purchased the Amstrad TV Modulator to turn the colour monitor into a TV, a 3.5" 720K FDD and a Multiface-2 freezer cartridge. Looked forward every month to Amstrad Action, manually typing in 1 or 2 full pages of code Also remember a coupler modem (connect phone handset to it) being advertised in the magazine by [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prestel]Prestel[/ame] and trying to convince my parents to purchase it. I remember contributing to a Fanzine Magazine called A-OK, i did the games cheat section...god that's a blast from the past..... I can see this thread getting very full (of pictures) so you might as well all lock the door, take the phone of the hook and head over here Edited February 10, 2010 by MYK-IT
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now