Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Apologies if this has been posted already but for those that are fed up with drawing diagrams and mapping networks try this useful tool.

 

http://www.mikrotik.com/thedude.php

 

The really good thing is that it's FREE!!!!!!

 

Not played with it properly yet - but looks impressive :)

 

Maybe one for the essential software list? See what you think :)

Posted

Errm. Dudes is slowly discovering the whole of my LEA or at least all of the schools attached to our WAN.

Part of me says I should tell some-one the other part of me is being very nosey at whats coming down. Your views, has anyone else seen the same thing?

Guest richard
Posted
What can I say apart from its a windows application.
Posted

I looked at thedude in June.

It is prettier, but I use kaboodle most of the time. The main reason is that kaboodle supports a virtual VPN and quick connection to VNC.

Getting thedude adding a VNC tool was a pain and still did not work as easily as kaboodle.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...