tom_newton Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Hi folks, Was wondering if I could impose on you for some log info. We are working on better ways to block flash games, whilst still allowing legitimate flash. If any of you have particular problems with flash games - particularly we are looking in the first instance at ones coming from the web, not those on USB sticks etc - I would love to get hold of some log data. What I am looking for really is logs showing legitimate flash usage, and those showing illegitimate flash usage.. or mixed logs. SmoothWall users - I can help extract and anonymise these logs. If anyone's willing to give me a hand, let me know. Thanks, Tom
krisd32 Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 i'll give you a hand mate just let me know what you want sending over and i'll get it over to you. not in the office today but will be tomorrow. if you could send me instructions on anonymising the logs that'd be brilliant. 1
john Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Happy to help Tom, you can enjoy my Smoothwall logs if you like. You've got my details there (or if not poke Gav who defo does or Sue in Marketing) and drop me a line about how we can help. We teach DIDA and AIDA so do a lot of media / flashy / web dev stuff with GCSE and we have a HoD in ICT that loves Flash and Movies so he will be pointing them around flash online a lot. 1
Sylv3r Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Hi Tom I am happy to help with our smoothwall box also. Just let me know what you need from me. Thanks 1
FN-GM Posted May 12, 2009 Posted May 12, 2009 Not sure if it helps but at the last school there was a website where you can download excel files. In the Excel files thats where the games lived. I will try and find the URL 1
tom_newton Posted May 13, 2009 Author Posted May 13, 2009 Thanks guys. I will hopefully be in touch with you shortly.
CAM Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 Not sure if it helps but at the last school there was a website where you can download excel files. In the Excel files thats where the games lived. I will try and find the URL Yep we have them here. From old favourites like Tetris to Sonic The Hedgehog. They are almost impossible to stop though. The kids are sending them to each other hidden in Excel files via EMail or Memory Stick. Some are obvious with names such as Tetris.xls but a simple rename and they get very difficult to track. Though oddly enough, Desktop Destroyer is still around (is that Flash?) and it's exactly the same as when I played it at school! Talk about memory lane seeing that!
Sylv3r Posted May 13, 2009 Posted May 13, 2009 Do we get a free Smoothwall box for assisting? Yes we do, but unfortunately you have not been selected at this time to participate in this project 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now