Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks to a few CD's being damaged and my schools managing to faff up these things fairly regularly I decided to buy in a CD/DVD repair unit and given my old handwind thing didn't work anymore I decided to try something motorised.

 

I really, REALLY wish I'd looked harder because this:

 

CD/DVD Repair Kit

 

... is truly awful...

 

It had an inconsistent pressure across the disk and just scratched the first one I tried to hell... Net result the disk is now worse.

 

It's going back for a refund and I'm plumping for one of these instead.

 

SkipDr Premier: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

 

 

I should note that phoning Gizoo wasn't difficult and they're accepting a return so, so far, there's no problem with the company but that original product... Total waste of money and time.

Posted

I'm no longer allowed access to the original CD/DVDs for more than it takes to copy.

It's not that I damaged them, well, not just this, but I also manage to mislay them too.

 

So my boss introduced a system of only giving me copies.

I've also gotten to the stage of making ISOs of the original so I don't have to go and ask each time.

 

Scratched disks go in the bin.

Posted
Must admit I am tempted to get something like that JML one as Ive got a few disks that are now scratched and scuffed from my bad handling and storage of them.
  • 1 year later...
Posted

Hi there,

 

I know this is an old thread but I trust there are some of you out there still active...

 

Is there a repair kit available on the market which will repair the CENTRES of disks ??..Is it even possible to repair them ?

 

I have a home made DVD of family when we were all young, which is priceless....Regrettably with alot of use and neglection the centre has become so damaged that it will not play on any player I try it with..including my laptop !

 

All answers will be welcolmed !

 

Thanks...Stupot52

  • 3 months later...
Posted
Is it just me that takes my discs into GAME and asks them to do it? Pretty much all the stores have an industrial type CD / DVD repairing machine under the counter :\
Posted
Hi there,

 

I know this is an old thread but I trust there are some of you out there still active...

 

Is there a repair kit available on the market which will repair the CENTRES of disks ??..Is it even possible to repair them ?

 

I have a home made DVD of family when we were all young, which is priceless....Regrettably with alot of use and neglection the centre has become so damaged that it will not play on any player I try it with..including my laptop !

 

All answers will be welcolmed !

 

Thanks...Stupot52

 

Don't know if you found anything, the discs we get from Lovefilm have a sticker stuck around the hole, it appears to be slightly metallic they may have done this prevent this kind of damage and it may help you read it if you can find something similar?

 

Ben

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...