Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok so I having been setting up some new machines today.

 

I get to one, connect up all the gubbings and switch it on. I get 'no signal' from the TFT monitor. After checking all the connections I swap it out for the TFT monitor on the machine next to it and 'no signal'.

 

So then I take a known good TFT and stick it on and 'no signal'. By now I am thinking that the new machine has an issue so I hook up the TFTs back with their original machines and turn them on...both 'no signal'. Now I have three machines with no output and I am quite confused.

 

So, next I rustle up an old CRT and connect that to the first machine and bingo it works. Connect the TFT up to it again and it works now?! Subsequently connecting the CRT and then the TFTs to the other machines works.

 

Throughout the day these machines have displayed the 'no signal' message which is cured by connecting the CRT and then the TFT.

 

Anyone have any clue what is going on 'cause I am baffled :wacko:

Posted
Refresh rate/resolution set out of range for the new TFT? Try setting to 800x600 and 60hz before connecting, or boot in VGA mode to test...

 

Well I thought this but the thing is they seem to work ok for a while, then you boot and get the 'no signal'. I can't see that anything has changed as when you stick on the CRT its still at 800x600 as it was before.

Posted

any settings in the bios with regards to the graphics card and how much ram they use etc ?

 

Also are these onboard graphics cards or not ?

 

Do the new tft's come with manuals to tell you what they support in terms of refresh rates, resolutions etc etc ?

 

Maybe try the resolution set to 1024* 768 with refresh rate of 60 + hz ?

Posted
With the onboard intel graphics chipsets you are better off installing the latest drivers and using the intel utility to set the refresh rate, resolution etc as the intel util over rides the windows settings some what.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
I would defo try the above, 90% of these prblems are down to driver issues. If the video adapter is on board it may be worth resetting the CMOS or looking at flashing the BIOS (Only do this if you really have to though!). Out dated drivers and BIOS settings caused havoc with our NEC machines, some had the CMOS reset and have worked fine since, others needed the BIOS update run, was a nightmare!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...