bodminman Posted April 11, 2020 Posted April 11, 2020 Hi there, My trusty HP Ultrabook 840 gave up yesterday so I need a new laptop for work. It was a good machine and done everything I needed it to without hassle. Can anyone recommend a make/model for general day do day usage. Have a budget of £500. Cheers
Chrisbf1 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 Good luck with getting stock of anything half decent 1
timbo343 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 For that price you will get something decent even if its on ebay. If its got a HDD in it buy a SSD at the same time. I've just bought off ebay a HP280 MT i5-6500, 8Gb ram, win 10 and 1Tb HDD (obviously put a SSD in and moved existing PSU from old box to new) but cost me £115. 1
timbo343 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 A quick search on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-250-G7-Processor-Resolution/dp/B07ZHH6L9C/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?cv_ct_cx=refurbished%2Blaptop%2B15.6&dchild=1&keywords=refurbished%2Blaptop%2B15.6&pd_rd_i=B0811N5RBJ&pd_rd_r=024e3aaa-10b8-4667-89e1-9bbfb3021fbd&pd_rd_w=EUPDm&pd_rd_wg=tJsB7&pf_rd_p=7f1f034d-0191-435e-b101-74ca97baa296&pf_rd_r=G3NVATHHJ0W1ADR6R5F8&psc=1&qid=1586686683&sr=1-2-718396de-69ac-46a0-9195-9669ab0086b2&th=1 1
elsiegee40 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 I got one for my daughter from @ICTDirect_Dave 1
timbo343 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 I got one for my daughter from @ICTDirect_Dave Or.. yeah, use Dave. It all depends on what spec you actually want. 1
caffrey Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 Yeah, Dave has some nice lenovo T440 , just had a few from him
elsiegee40 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 Or.. yeah, use Dave. It all depends on what spec you actually want. A better spec than she could afford new! 1
saggu Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 I got one for my daughter from @ICTDirect_Dave I got mine from them too! 1
timbo343 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 There is always Bargain Hardware too if Dave doesn't have what you need https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/refurbished-laptops
LeMarchand Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 There is always Bargain Hardware too if Dave doesn't have what you need https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/refurbished-laptops That's the same place: https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/meet-the-team
timbo343 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 That's the same place: https://www.bargainhardware.co.uk/meet-the-team yeah i know but they have a bit more "in stock" than on ICT Direct's site.
elsiegee40 Posted April 12, 2020 Posted April 12, 2020 yeah i know but they have a bit more "in stock" than on ICT Direct's site. That’s why it’s easier just to contact Dave and ask what he has got. 2
ICTDirect_Dave Posted April 14, 2020 Posted April 14, 2020 yeah i know but they have a bit more "in stock" than on ICT Direct's site. That's because they have the good site right now. Our new site is being developed and will be all shiny and Magento 2 powered when it finally launches. Always come to me over BH though, they'll only send you may way anyhow, and I've got the full stock list including all the lovely laptops that I've only got 1 or 2 of but are usually a mix of i7's and touchscreens
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now