beeswax Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 site running slow this morning (24/05/08) clicked one link and a style sheet came up.
EduTech Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 Yh i have been on most of the night, and sometimes it took minutes yes minutes to load. James.
ZeroHour Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 Hmm nothing seemed to gripe the pc as I have monitoring tools but some auto tests through the night alerted me to fasthosts having a issue I think. Seems fine for me but I was not on the site this morning. Let me know if it starts doing it again. 1
Michael Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 I noticed this too recently until I realised Orange were having some serious DNS issues. I lost internet connectivity on and off for a few hours which was frustrating. Calling Orange's helpline stated "We are experiencing a very high volume of calls at the moment, with customers reporting Page cannot be displayed errors". All is well now though. I've had no issues with Fasthosts recently, but I believed Edugeek had its own dedicated server?
laserblazer Posted May 24, 2008 Posted May 24, 2008 My Orange connection dropped out completely this morning.
FN-GM Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 site running slow this morning (24/05/08) clicked one link and a style sheet came up. Sorry off topic (kinda) but do you think the forum is slower when you use it on the CLC connection? When I am using it at home or not using the CLC connection its much faster.
Michael Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 The forum is definitely slowing up big time! I time it at approximately 13 seconds consistently to load any thread. Compare this to vBulletin's own forum (which is what Edugeek uses) and it takes around 2 seconds to load a thread. I'm currently running IE7 on XP SP3, Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz and 2GB of memory. My router is currently synchronised at 7616 Kbps Downstream and 608 Kbps Upstream. I don't have any slow down issues browsing other sites.
Michael Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 The forum's much better today: Saturday 31st May 12:26pm, pages load instantly
john Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 The server has recovered from its Hangover from the Edugeek Post Conference Party, its a mean beast that server so I was told, downs pints faster than Edu-Tech and Joedetic put together hehe
Ric_ Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 @Michael: Stop rubbing it in that your net connection is so much better than mine! When ZeroHour gets back to sunny Scotland, I'm sure he'll investigate the slowness.
Michael Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 @Michael: Stop rubbing it in that your net connection is so much better than mine! The only other thing is the Thanks system is definitely broken! Edugeek's not the same
EduTech Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 its a mean beast that server so I was told, downs pints faster than Edu-Tech and Joedetic put together hehe That's what you think ...
ZeroHour Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 LOL It seems to be fine for me and I did not notice anything yesterday but let me know if it repeats itself. I am working on a thanks fix but I did not have time to get it done as I was at the conf. Give me time though (beer permitting )
john Posted May 31, 2008 Posted May 31, 2008 LOL It seems to be fine for me and I did not notice anything yesterday but let me know if it repeats itself. I am working on a thanks fix but I did not have time to get it done as I was at the conf. Give me time though (beer permitting ) Sounds like your now taking it on hey hehe who will win the Webserver at Fasthosts or ZH
FN-GM Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 Seems to be running very slow tonight especially opening threads
FN-GM Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 Its slow here every other site is fine, most of edugeek is fine but just when you open a thread. Edit: seems fine now
Edu-IT Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 Its slow here every other site is fine, most of edugeek is fine but just when you open a thread. Edit: seems fine now I've noticed that lately too. The top part of the site loads up but the bottom, where the actual posts are contained, takes longer to load than normal.
FN-GM Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 Exactly. It might be something to do with the advertisement because it always hangs just before or just after that loads.
Edu-IT Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 Exactly. It might be something to do with the advertisement because it always hangs just before or just after that loads. I block ads so I don't think that is the problem, at least for me anyway. Unless the ads still get loaded but just don't display? I don't know!
ZeroHour Posted June 11, 2008 Posted June 11, 2008 It seems fine for me on Opera right now (with ads of course) I checked the server load logs and the server has been running fine all night.
EduTech Posted June 12, 2008 Posted June 12, 2008 I think everyones got a spot of paranoier.. one min running slow next running fast. Z aint even gt to do anything and it just fixes haha I dont really see a big diff in the speed, if there is a major speed problem i think we all will know about it James.
SYNACK Posted June 12, 2008 Posted June 12, 2008 It may not be related to the server at all but rather the avalible bandwidth to the site. I can't really give an accurate assessment from here with a 730ms ping time to London. Here it is quite usual for the site to load up the titles and take anywhere up to 30 seconds in the worst cases to finally load the quick reply box at the bottom. According to speedtest.net I have 514kbs a second to the test server in London so it does not seem to be the link to the UK. If the server is not causing the delay it can only be to do with the link that the hosting provider is supplying. Perhaps their upstream links are becoming saturated or their routers are getting overloaded and delaying packets. They could also be connected to a part of the backbone that has a high hop count distance from the source to the majority of the clients. 1
ZeroHour Posted June 13, 2008 Posted June 13, 2008 What times do you experience that at? Cheers for that SYNACK
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now