enjay Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 I'm finally doing this this afternoon - I've searched Capita's site but can't find any installation instructions anywhere (although I'm not sure if this is more or less annoying than them publishing bad instructions). Is it completely straight-forward, or are there any gotchas I need to look out for?
pmassingham Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 Presumably you are running the installation through SOLUS? If so, there are no instructions - it just installs. In our case, the first time success rate is about 50:50. Have you got the FMS update yet?
localzuk Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 It worked flawlessly for us. Only 1 machine out of 50 messed it up. Done via SOLUS.
DMcCoy Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 Well it broke our Exams module in two different ways. One involves reinstalling every client
enjay Posted March 19, 2008 Author Posted March 19, 2008 Presumably you are running the installation through SOLUS? If so, there are no instructions - it just installs. That's simple enough :-) Have you got the FMS update yet? No, we don't use FMS. Unless you meant the CCS upgrade which installs SQL 2005 Express, in which case, yes I have already applied that.
steveg Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 We were told to make sure we run the solus update directly on the server this time, so it will update dbattach and a few other files on the server. Steve
powdarrmonkey Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 I've had instructions from county that say: Following testing of the February 2008 upgrade... noticed a potential issue with the RM data extractor service running on your SIMS server....the problem is caused by a faulty SIMS report installed on your system. Presumably depends if you use the RM data exploder or not. We break up today so I'll be running this over the next week or so.
enjay Posted March 19, 2008 Author Posted March 19, 2008 I'm not aware of that service on our server (although we do use the RM packages for the client installs).
zag Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 Let me know how it goes nick, I'm going to do this tomorrow.
bossman Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 We run RM but the Sims server is setup as a member server within it's own OU with blocked inheritance and to date have had no problems with solus upgrades. Clients upgrades run seemlessly especially when you transfer the new MSIs from the sims setup dir on the server.
forcryingoutloud Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 Did ours on Monday. Just used the SOLUS module. Ran fine although the database backup did take around 2 cups of tea. So far nothing seems that have broken and the new features are pretty nifty.
Grommit Posted March 19, 2008 Posted March 19, 2008 I'm finally doing this this afternoon - I've searched Capita's site but can't find any installation instructions anywhere (although I'm not sure if this is more or less annoying than them publishing bad instructions). Is it completely straight-forward, or are there any gotchas I need to look out for? March is avaiiable now so you might skip Feb
powdarrmonkey Posted March 27, 2008 Posted March 27, 2008 Well I've just run the February upgrade flawlessly, none of the usual problems. Just wondering what the catch is, only bit of bodging I had to do was that silly RM report thing. Thumbs up for Capita
zag Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 Yep 100% successful upgrade here as well to the March release, I think this is the 1st time in about 10 upgrades its actually worked. Now if they would only remove those stupid PDF document installs from the client upgrades and made it a bit faster, the users might actually be happy!
PhilNeal Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 The PDF stupidity, and I agree it is, is bing addressed now. It will probably hit the streets in the summer. We may even be able to hosting manuals on a central server so even the server upgrade times reduce.
Jawloms Posted March 28, 2008 Posted March 28, 2008 The PDF stupidity, and I agree it is, is bing addressed now. I have nothing very constructive to add to this thread but I just had to say - About time!!! Stuart
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now